• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TROPHY-ROCK STOLEN!! what should I do?

jonnyICE-MAN

I went to check my trail-cam this evening and somebody stole my trophy-rock frown.gif. I have a pretty good picture of the guy but have no idea who it is. Just want some input on what I should do it was on private property. I know it's only fifteen dollars but thats beside the point, It was getting hit hard by the deer.

You have a picture of a person who stole private property from private property and are wondering what to do?

Go to the local diner and co-op. Show the picture around and ask if anyone knows who it is. Ask the neighboring property owners, could be someone who thinks they own your land. Go to the local watering hole in the early afternoon and ask some of the regulars too, someone will recognize this fool. Yep, it is only a mineral block but next time it will be you stands or trail camera's......

once you find out who it is, I would take the pictures to the sherrif's department. File theft and tresspassing charges.

I would go balistic but there is no signs saying no trespassing. I'm going to ask my landlord if he knows him, because there is other people that hunt the land but I don't think they would touch it knowing what it does for the deer. Even if it was the neighbor why would he take it thats what I don't understand confused.gif.

There doesn't need to be no trespassing signs posted, it is private property. Some people feel that the best way to save the animals in the forest is to mess with hunters stuff. who ever took it knew what it was, and what it was for. Ask the landowner and the neighbors

It could be a misguided person who thinks it's illegal & they were going to take care of that.

I think you deserve to find the guy and ask him. Every single person on this site has had something stolen from that at some point in their lifetime and getting a chance like you have is a golden opportunity. I had my car broken into, I realize that's a whole different ballgame than a mineral block, but what I would have given for a picture of the culprit. I'm not saying you should bust one of his kneecaps or something, but go find him like somebody said, ask around, and then see what he says. Chances are his conscience will give him up. Watch his facial reactions. You'll know what he was doing and if he's lying.

Quote:

I would go balistic but there is no signs saying no trespassing. I'm going to ask my landlord if he knows him, because there is other people that hunt the land but I don't think they would touch it knowing what it does for the deer. Even if it was the neighbor why would he take it thats what I don't understand
confused.gif

Before you go off the deep end it is not your property and go talk to the landlord. Did you tell the owner that you planed to use his property all year long and intended on baiting deer to his land? From what you posted it doesn't sound like you are leasing all the land and it could be possible that other people may have jumped in on your free hunting area and leased it for there own use. It is also common for land to be sold to the renter before it is offered on a public level. With that being said you may be tresspassing on someones property. I've grown up in the same area and know that most of the area land is run by just a few farmers. Most land owners are so over burdoned with citiots tresspassing that they have givin up all hope of just letting a few select people use their land. It seems that if one guy asked for permission for one day, 5 years ago, they assume that it you gave them permission for them and all their friends for the rest of thier lives. I think a chat with the owner may be best and tell him you are planing to put a block out. If all is fine with him go to Brose's and get a cut, good chance he will know who it is. smile.gif

CW

I did ask and get permission from the owner and also asked if they new the guy in the picture. So far nobody knows who it is so the investigation goes on. I'm kinda leary about putting another rock or mineral block out there. confused.gif