• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

K-Dee Launcher trailer question

Great Dane

Question

I bought a used Pro V mounted on a K-Dee Launcher trailer. I love the trailer but I was wondering how to grease the bearings. I am acquinted with bearing buddies with the piston, but this has grease jerk under a rubber cap in the center of the wheel. My question is how do you know when you have enough grease in it.

1 answer to this question

Pop off the rubber dust cap, pump grease slowly into the grease fitting until just a very little starts coming through the outer bearing (you should be able to see a little around the outer edge on the inside of the cap. Replace the rubber dust cap making sure you get it seated all the way around.

With this style the grease goes through the spindle and into the center of the hub. It then goes both directions - to both the inside and outside bearings. When you get a little at the outside hopefully you have a little coming through the inside bearing too, but there is no way to check or see it to verify.