• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well here we go in Walker... The circus is about to come to town...

I will be there Thursday night for a Host Dinner...

Friday night we have a VIP dinner... Be sure to check out the city park events Friday afternoon... Fun for the whole family from the sounds of it...

And finally Saturday is the Big day with the gov's lunch at noon I think at Huddles... After the day's activities wind down there is the VIP dinner at the lights Saturday night(Invite Only) and there is also a host dinner at Trapper's Landing Saturday night. I think the dinner at Trapper's is open to the public... If you haven't checked out Trapper's Landing be sure to do so in person or on the web at: http://www.trapperslandinglodge.com

If any other FM'rs are around for this let me know.. It would be fun to see some new faces along with some old ones too... I will be at Reed's for awhile on Friday afternoon shopping and chatting, then off to the lights to check in before heading out to the dinner...

Good Luck this weekend and stay safe.....

Beef

Beef, you are correct! Saturday night is open to the public. Come check out the revamped Margarita Mulligan's for all you can eat brat's & burgers for $5 per person and Kareoke to follow the feast.

I just pulled into town this morning and have the cabin & restaurant all set up for the week. Boat is in slip and heading out Crappie fishing in the AM. If you are around stop in and say hi, restaurant open's for the year on Thursday and we will be kicking it off with a Prime Rib special.

The more important question is, "Where are the walleye going to be holding up?"

Any FM'ers have any thoughts on where the Leech Lake walleye are going to be holding up? Those 14 inchers can't have too many hiding places yet...

It's a good thing I have Beef as my guide for the Guv's Opener. He'll have us on the fish so much I won't have time to do the call in for KFAN. If you are on the water around the state check out the affiliate stations. If you are stuck in the Twin Cities you know where to find KFAN.

Thanks for the kind words... I will call in Tuesday night to put a fun spin onto your podcast... Those podcasts are sure fun to do... I'm still waiting for Dietz to call me about doing one confused.gifwink.gif

It should be a great opener for fishing wise.. People are saying the lake is not like the old days and they may be correct... But I think we will be surprised by how fast the action will be...

Beef

I'll be at reeds too, spending all my money. I spend so much money there. Man I am excited.

We are going to fish Sand Point primarily and also the narrows, mainly due to the proximity to our Cabin. Anybody else know where they are trying???

Welllllll, how did the fishing go on the opener? Let's hear some details or is it fishtails, I forget? grin.gif

Well, I spent the weekend opening up Trapper's Landing for the season. Between that I sneaked a little bit of fishing in but did not fair all to well. Popped a couple eyes on the north side of Pipe Island perch fishing prior to opener. Water temps were fairly warm throughout the lake ranging anywhere from 54-62 degrees. Most of the hosts I spoke with while guiding in traffic to the marina's for the governors luncheon did fairly well, with a few doing very well.

This weekend was huge for Walker, lots of media around.

Beef can back me up, but watch out for the firetiger. They are hot out there! grin.gif

As I pop over to Leech over the summer I will try and get a few reports posted as I learn this large expanse of a lake. Only took me 10 years to learn 3% of Lake Superior so it shouldn't be too hard. crazy.gif

Ron , I enjoyed the podcast and look forward to the next one. I need to figure out how I can load them into my sons MP3 player so I can listen on the go.

Beef- nice job on the show. About the singing at the end, don't quit your day job.

I LOVE THE FIRETIGER!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is looking for an AWESOME restraunt and a place to stay check out Trapper's Landing... They have a nice deep harbor and are located on an area of the lake with some of the best fishing.... Look up Robin or Tom when you are there.. They take great care of you and they know a thing or two about fishing....

Vitt,

Don't worry I will stick with teaching PE and Health... Give me a call when you get a chance on my cell... It is located below in my sig...

Beef

Thanks Vitt! Keep tuning in and let me know. I'll be having a drawing again soon so keep in touch through the website.

FIRETIGER is a great one for sure...but be careful. "Red hooks" can sometimes stay with you longer than you want. blush.gif

Beef--I gotta get your singing on my podcast again sometime soon...maybe this time you can sing something not so lame. grin.gif