• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am taking my two boys out for the opener and am looking for good bet to get them on some northern pike.

Does anyone have a lake that they would recommend?

Thanks...........

Darling usually does well for pike during opener. I know of others that have targeted Smith lake for pike as well. The rest of the Chain can produce a few nice ones too.

good luck

Minnewaska has a bunch of 3-5 lb pike right now with a good chance for 30+ inch as well. Please come and remove a few. They stacked up on the traditional walleye drop offs last fall and made ice fishing for walleyes a problem between the pike and bass.

MLaker2, I'm going to be on Minnewaska this weekend and would love to take a few big Pike out of there for you. Where would you suggest I start looking? This will only be my second time on the lake.