• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am taking my first trip to the boundary waters this spring. I will be arriving on may 15th and would love to spend alot of time getting my first few lakers hopefully. I am going in at entry 52 which is said to have some great laker fishing. I will be on French L, Peter Lake, Gabimichigami L, Little Saganaga L and Tuscarora lake(to name a few...). If anyone has fished these or just has general BWCA laker tips i would appreciate the help!!!

Entry point # 52 is closed until further notice because of the Ham Lake fire. I would contact the Gunflint Ranger District when your time comes close. 218-387-1750

I did hear about that so i will have to plan on getting another permit i suppose thanks for the heads up and the number though...any other destinations or tips would still be great

If you can't get in on the Grand Marais side because of the fire, try Ely. I have gone in on Snowbank and Moose Lake. No lakers there, but if you are willing to paddle a bit, Kekekabic and Knife are great laker lakes. If you get to Kekekabic, make sure to spend a day on Little Kek. It's a tiny lake, no people and a LOT of lakers.