• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opening Forecast

Here is your fishing report and weather forecast for the Lake Iwanttobethere area. Sun will come up and go down everyday this week. There will be some wind and a few drops of rain will fall. You will not find enough time to get everything you need in time for opener. You will forget at least one important item and if there are four of you in your group that means you will forget four things. Access will be busy and parking spaces hard to come by. Bait shops will have lines at the cash register and everyone will be asking the same question, Where are they biting?

Smelting is winding down and some people did well while others just got wet. If the sun is up you will find northerns cursing the back dark bays and crappies will be working there way into the shallows following the points. Walleyes will be there for the taking, you will just have to work the cool waters and fish with your gloves off. If you are luckily enough to be fishing bass the little guys will be hitting spinners trying to impress the ladies. A few big boys may surprise you so be ready. Females will be tight lipped but there are pictures out there waiting to be taken. Sunnies will also be out but I think they are going to be tuff to find this weekend for some reason.

Temps in the 60's all this week with hit and miss rain showers. A few rumbles of thunder will roll though and your cabin might just be the one that gets dumped on. Ticks are out so be sure to check the little ones. Skeeters, you will see a few but not to worry. Obey the speed limits on the way to the lake, just leave a few minutes earlier The idea is to arrive early, fish late and have a good time. Make a check list for your boat and stick it in your tackle box. Most of all have a safe and memorable opening weekend..

What is funny is that that seems very much like last years forecast. You are good BB, you should be on the news, cause everything you said is spot on grin.gif

Lake Iwanttobethere, I have a feeling that more then a few people are thinking of the lake today. Hump day for most people in the city today. Some will be lucky enough to be leaving for the lake on Friday afternoon or maybe right after work on Friday evening. Others will have to wait till Saturday to make the trip to the lake. Some have been lucky enough to have already been to the lake and the Cabin is already open. Lawn furniture is out on the deck and the dock is in. Wood is stacked by the fire pit and maybe even the lawn has been mowed once already. For others all they can do is look over the list. The travel bags are packed, boat is ready to go. Gas has been bought and batteries charged. For many this is the man's version of the women's day after thanksgiving sale. In the wee hours of the morning Saturday lights and garage doors will be open all over the country side. Trucks will back up to trailers and they quiet voices of men saying " Just a little bit more" will be heard. Lunches will be packed and one by one trucks will pull out in to the night. Some may get a few blocks away and others will be well down the road before it is noticed that something is missing. A decision will be made then. Return, forget it or stop somewhere and replace it.

Coffee will be sipped, cigars will be lit. Young kids will fall back to sleep in back seats. Old friends will trade lies and maybe for some it will be the first time. Gas stations will be busy and clerks will be asking that question "Going Fishing" I don't know if they do it just to bother you or they are really waiting to hear a new answer. Like " NO I just decide to drag my trailer around at 4 in the morning" Maybe it's because they would rather be with you, going fishing instead of making coffee and telling customers for the hundredth time that you can't buy power ball tickets at 4 am

Soon city lights are nothing but a glow in the rear view mirror and a bigger glow of the sun coming up is just in front or to the side of you. Freeway turns to two lane and two lane to gravel. Then it's to a grassy lane leading to the cabin and then you are there. Lake Iwanttobethere, Just a few more days. For now just hope the ac works and keep working on that list, From the waters of Lake Iwanttobehere

Well here is your middle of the week forecast for the Lake Iwanttobnethere and surrounding areas. One more warm day ahead and then the temps will fall off to lower 60's and hi 50's for opening weekend. I am going to go out on a thick limb here and forecast a good to excellent weekend here on Lake Iwanttobethere. Several days of above average weather and the shallows have warmed up I think we are going to find some fish on the Northern ends of the lake. If you can get in the shallows be ready for some Northern action and I think the crappies are going to be cooperating also. Still think the gills will be a little bit picky but you don't know till ya try. Walleyes will be happy to see you in the rivers and if you don't catch something in fifteen to twenty minutes move... Just because you caught them last year don't mean there going to be there this year. No real rain till late Sunday evening and most of you should be home frying up some crispy fillets. Drop me a line and lets see if I called this one right!!

Well I think I had a pretty accurate forecast. Except for the rain which still has not shown up as of yet. A little wind to deal with but also some sunshine. If you found the lee of an island or point with the sun in your face it was very comfortable out. This let you warm up and then go back out into the waves in search of walleyes. A decent chop on the water and it sounds like everyone caught some fish. A lot of MN nice at the launches and even a few places had no waiting. Lake Iwanttobethere was busy with lots of locals and tourist out on the water and it seem like every dock has some one soaking up sunshine and watching a bobber. We now have many months to enjoy ourselves..

Quote:

Well I think I had a pretty accurate forecast. Except for the rain which still has not shown up as of yet...

If I could ask, please: if the rain continues to stay away, dropping lake levels, will that radically change where the fish hold? I tried to get some idea of how much lakes tend to vary by googling 'lake level alerts' and the like. But w/ temperature & all the other factors that vary, I wanted to consult a forum of experienced anglers. Any insight/guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

jnclrk- Welcome to FishingMinnesota and Hotspotoutdoors.com Great to have you with us. This question should be posed on its own and you will get more responses... However, You bet it will have an effect on where the fish hold. If the water is much lower than before, weeds will grow in areas they normally do not and thus, fish will find new areas... adapting to the new conditions will be the challenge.