• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i see that this was discussed some last year on this board. what is the best line to use for walleye and bass on lake v? someone said that they always used powerpro line 8 or 12#; what color?

has anyone tried the new berkley fireline crystal?

88 2000,

I was probably the one that said I have 8# or 10# Power Pro on all of my rods. Great stuff! laugh.gif

I had the Fireline Crystal on my ice rods last winter and it worked great! I plan to spool a couple of rods this spring with the Crystal to see how well it works on my summer rigs. I think that it will perform well.

Cliff

I have used the green 8# power pro for the last few years...works great. I tie a mono leader of about 4 ft. ahead of my lindy rig or jig. I find it give me a great ability to feel fish...especially jigging deep.

I like trying different lines. I need to keep a journal because I forget what/when I use different stuff. I, too, like the PowerPro. Why so heavy? I go as light as I can.

Trying some Berkley Iron Silk this spring...

I have always used the moss green Power Pro in 8#test/1# dia. or 10# test/ 2 # dia.

I have used the Iron Silk for leaders and liked it because it has very little memory. The knots are weak though if you do not wet them when you tie them! It also seems to be larger in dia. compared to other lines of the same pound test.

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...

I switched to red line last year, Cajun line from Shakespeare, and have really liked it when fishing for bass or catfish. Haven't tried it yet on Vermilion, but am hoping for the same luck.

It's not so much the color for me, but I really like casting and durability of this line. Those two things are more important to me, and the red doesn't seem to matter to the fish, but makes a good conversation starter.

Do braids and other super lines last longer than mono? I change out my mono frequently.

I am still using the Power Pro from last spring.

I have some Power Pro on some of my reels that has been there for two years of extensive use! shocked.gif It is still as strong as ever!

Cliff