• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Many a thread has been posted in years past regarding the St. Louis & camping etc...

THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!

I personally LOVE the Reservoir lakes near Duluth & fish them throughout the summer. Usually I would fish in the Ely Area on opener, however not this year...

What tactics are invaluable for the Reservoir lakes as the post spawn walleye fishing begins.

i.e.. How would you go after them in the Cloquet Chain??

Happy Walleye Opener where ever you are! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif & MAny Good Returns! grin.gif

Jig n minnow and troling crawler rigs. Once you find a fishy spot its a lot of fun to slip bobber a hook n minnow or leech if waters warm enough.

If you try trolling cranks/sticks make sure you stick to something with a tight wobble like a floating rap or bomber. Once the waters warm then you can get to a more "agressive" crank that has a bigger wobble like a jointed shad rap.

Oh and theres always the lindy rig.

I totally agree. early spring - jig n' minnow. mid summer -slip bobber and leech. Late summer troll crawler harness. It's what i do year after year!