• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Let's Talk Turkey!?!?

Anybody from around the lakes area turkey hunt with or without any success? Lets here some stories or what your seeing. Walleyedan you got any success in your camp???

Later,

mr

I'll be headed out next week/weekend for fishing opener; always get drawn for a tag that weekend. I'll let those guys that fish twice a year have thier fun next weekend while I'll hopefully be shooting my Tom. I'll probably get some stream trout fishin' in as well but it's getting harder to do that since they keep extending the shooting hours. Hopefully I can report back with a successful trip.

A buddy of mine shot a nice one just south brainerd. He said that the set up and along came six hens headed out to a field. After calling and waiting, eventually a tom came strutting down the same path as the hens. 20 yard shot. It can't get much easier than that. It's great to see good turkey hunting getting closer to home.

Jason Erlandson

I shot my first turkey over in Battle Lake during season A.

There are pictures on the turkey contest results thread of the turkey hunting forum. Borch posted them for me.

24 pounder, 8.5" beard. It was a lot of fun. My daughter had her tag last weekend but we didn't have as good of luck.

ccarlson

Wow! Nice bird Chuck!

Jason Erlandson

I usually just hunt on my 300 acre property that I own.. There are lots of turkey, deer, grouse, and other wildlife in there.

grin.gif