• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wed. report

youngie22

Launched yesterday @ bluffs and went out for a beverage and a few trolls along the shore. Went fairly well; caught 2 nice 13" & 14" 'eyes on first pass up stream. Was on a hard drop tried to stay about 15' fow, caught a keeper sauger on the next pass down stream. Then that line quit for a while, then a while later caught a beautiful 19" sauger. That thing fought like it was 10" longer, what a great fight. Then didn't produce anything else after another few passes, So I moved south and to the other side of the river. I tied on a jig put a minnow on and started a drift on some crazy up and down terrain caught some sheep head and 2 15" sauger on a few of the same drifts. All in all a very fun evening, good first experience for open water on the criox this year... Will be back soon.

went north of stillwater and found a nice drop in front of a stream coming in, 7-14 ft. actually 2 streams coming in and had a nice 200 yard drift going with a jig and minnow. caught a ton of huge silvers and managed 9 eyes from 14 -18 inches. kept 3 16 's for the oil . couldn't find any crappies though. 62 degrees on the surface

I launched out of Beanies just before 6PM and we had our first 17 inch walleye by 6:02. I have never caught one so fast. Within 200 feet of our first trolling run. All I can say is think 3 inch shad rap in 6-12 FOW. Caught 14. Kept four to fry up. Plenty of Silver Bass to keep it fun too. Water temp was 60 degrees. Color did matter between the two of us. Brighter was better. Fishing was much better than last weekend.

Hey youngie I see you are a fellow Hastingsite....sounds like you had a bit of sucess the other day, I hope to hit the river after work on Friday, will post the results.

See ya on the water!

And from Taylors-Interstate Park

I caught a whole bunch of fishing lines in the water...Some of this fishing line were expensive stuff too. I recognize one of them to be Maxima around 8 lb, some Trilene XL 6#, other copolymer lines 6# I couldn't make out. People left a whole bunch of trash. I know, lazy, trashy, people,...they no care about environment.

Anyway I did manage to get one sauger 16" and for some reason I've never been able to get them this size ever before. Lucky rapala F7.

Hey stratos- how are ya? yes, Hastings born and raised. I am going to try to get back out tommorrow as well, sense the weekend is booked and not as much fun out there any ways. Heard the weather might not cooperate, hope their wrong.

The weather stinks right now.. gonna check the radar and see what's up.

Fished Copas last night and caught some nice eyes and sauger with a mix of whitebass and an odd smallie and snot rocket thrown in. Eight to 14' produced for me with the white bass taking most offerings cast to shore and reeled back. Shad raps, wally divers all produced with the firetiger being best. Planning on hitting it tomorrow morning if the lightning stays away. Good luck out there and be safe!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Hit the lower Croix on Friday and had lots of fun. Did the crawler thing for a while and the only thing that produced was one 15" walleye. Hit 5 or 6 different spots without much to show on the crawlers except for one area. I must have hit a nest of rock bass, during a stretch of about 15 feet I'll bet I caught 10 of those blasted things. I wouldn't mind catching them but after they get hooked they fight for about 5 seconds and then just give up. Oh well. At that point I decided crawlers were not the ticket so I started pulling some cranks. Hooked into a nice 21" walleye just below the Kinni which found her way back into the water after a quick measurement. Got the lines back into the water and up to speed again when I notices the port rod doubled over. "Dang-it, snag" was the first thought at which time the rod started pulsing. "Big fish" was the next thought. Started reeling and sure enough it was a fish, a big one, a walleye of all walleyes, or so I thought. While battling this trophy class walleye there were many thoughts going through my head, how am I going to take a picture of it, who's going to do the graphite mount, how do I tell the wife I went fishing Friday afternoon? All those questions left my head when I saw the fish, about a 15 pound carp that I had snagged in the dorsal fin. Not sure how or why the hooks didn't rip out but they didn't. Like I always say, you never know what's on the end of the line when you fish the river.