• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grey Cloud Island ancient stone structure???

Does anyone know what that ancient-looking crumbling stone tower thing with the multiple arched doors was? It looks like a peice of history but I can't tell what it was. It almost looks like the corner of a castle or some sort of armory. It must be 75'x75' and 100' tall. Its in the backyward of a red house.

I was half tempted to look up the phone number of the folks who own the property and ask them about it. I am intrigued by old structures like this.

Thanks for the feedback - I always suspected it was a kiln of some kind but had no real clue. Mystery solved.

Daze Off

WOW - that's pretty interesting. Stopped useage back in the 1890's!

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be signs there telling you what it is. Have they been removed?

I think so - I was there last weekend (first time) and I saw the stack but no signs. Granted I wasn't looking too hard and the weeds are getting tall, so maybe it was covered? It's in someone's backyard now.