• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

20 inch Box Fan

Hey, do you think I could use that fan for A/C on my snowmobile? Of cource I'd need to find a cheap(free)generator to power it. That shouldn't be too hard though. I'm sure someone here could help me with that.

Originally Posted By: Ude Lake Tom
Can somebody find that fan and point it northwest to blow this cold air back to where it came from?? sick.gif

Or send that fan to Michigan to blow some snow to MN so it looks like your avatar.

I had to finally check this thread out...

I am definitely happy to know there is at least one "Box fan" out there ;\) Maybe a BoxMN fan, even? ha!

{Note from Administrator}-----> Barek68 please re-read entire thread before posting again! Thanks

You are out of your element Barek68

Was putting together a science fair project for the kids this past weekend.....I am making a tornado in a box using a plexiglass box with a smoke machine and.........a fan!!!

I was thinking that this 20" one would work just about perfect for producing a big vortex.

Please send pics if still available. They just don't make fans like they used to and I don't want my daughter to cry when she doesn't win the science fair because her tornado wasn't as big as the Johnson's kids'. Right now all we have is a 12v computer fan and that just seems a little wimpy to me.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

While out working a couple weeks back, driving on my from northfield to randolph something happened to catch my eye as I cruising the back country roads. As I thought to myself, no that couldn't have been, it couldn't have made it this far south, but curiousty got the best of me and lo and behold there she sat on the shoulder of the road. If this is the orginal it seems to have picked up a printer as a companion in the meantime.

68d1c5a6c466.jpg

While out working on the same run last week just as quickly as it had shown, it was gone. I never got a good enough look to notice if their were any stickers or missing blades nor did I see an orange VW van anywhere as well. This may be just a coincidence but then again maybe not, you decide. Happy travels to that fan....

Man, this post is like a bad fart, kind just hovers around out there and comes back and slaps ya in the face when you least expect it.

It is kinda funny that the first thing I think of when I see a fan on the side of the road is a post on fishingminnesta, gotta love it.

Is a 20" fan big enough to turn into the wind to cancel out a wind chill factor?

The other question is if I did use this fan in the summer, would a Kansas City Royals sticker make the fan start quickly, fade around the All-Star Break and then just quit in August?

I just wonder if Hilary gets the nomination will she ask the fan to be her running mate?

Or maybe it is the immunity idol on Survivor's "Fans versus Favorites" show. Out there lurking around somewhere on exile island.

Man this took on a life of its own. Who'd have thought a simple Box could be a fan and have so many other fans! What a post, great to see we are all old enough to see that some things are still funny just because they are the way they are!

Tunrevir~

I'm sensing some humor or mocking in this thread let us not forget that was somebody's fan, made by a real person bought and sold by great people who enjoyed and still to this day love this fan while not even knowing for certain hows it's doing!

So take a look in the mirror along with a deep breath before you post in this thread again.

Thanks Pier!

I took a deep breath and passed out. Fat guys shouldn't ever do that. I might have damaged my melon if I weren't so thick skulled.

Quote:
I took a deep breath and passed out.

Who has the Fan..... Cicada needs it quick!!!!!! grin.gif

"hooks"

Fan??? What fan? There isn't a fan, just a bunch of goofy FMers having some fun trying to figure it out. grin.gif\:D\:Dcrazy.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.