• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

20 inch Box Fan

With all the warm weather we've had this winter I know we're all itchin' to enjoy the box fan, but be vigilant not to get too foolhardy.

Remember no fan is ever completely safe.

I think we have reason to believe the box fan is still alive and spinning. With all the wind I had blowing on me in my deer stand last fall I bet it is near Mora. I will be setting out a game camera this year. If its around there, the cam should pick it up. As for a bait pile, I can't decide if I should set out my Wild jersey, Twins hat or Vikings shirt. If it is a true MN fan, it won't resist the chance to blow the bad juju out of here. Hopefully it will record a video and capture sound.

Umm don't think it's a true Minnesota fan with that Royals sticker on it but I hear ya on the wind part of it I thinkiot was in the Rainy Lake region this past weekend as thevwind was howlin on Sunday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else seen the plans for the new Vikings stadium? I got to glance at them and I thought there was an arrow where a 20" box fan was to be installed. I think that is the whole problem with the stadium bill, they can't locate the box fan.

Well thankfully it's always had a sufficient amount of stickers.

So at least we don't have to worry about it spreading AIS (where-ever it is)

• 2 weeks later...

I was at walmart in Eden Prairie Saturday, and just when I was pulling out of my parking spot, I think I spotted the fan being carried in for a return in an open box. I was sure it was beyond 90 days by now and wouldn't be taken, but I didn't re-park my truck and follow to see what happened. I wanted to get a picture to verify if this was the same fan, but I'm sure it was.

Man I haven't posted in a single internet forum in YEARS. Funny to see this thread is still going. I wonder what my signature looks like. Guess I'll find out in this post...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

? is this a left or right handed box fan? If it is right handed I can't use it cuz I would like to blow air out. But I could perhaps use it on the other side of the cabin.

This reply still cracks me up every time I re-read page 1, a close close second is "can I interest you in a ladder with no rungs" LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly TRZ has not visted in over 4 years. But he will be forever remembered by starting this EPIC thread.

I giggle a little bit everytime I remember him simply stating "Fan is gone. Cat is O.k." (Page 3)

My guess is TRZ just re-registered with a new user name. I only wish there were pictures with the original post. It would make a great avatar!!

I FOUND IT ... I FOUND THE 20" BOX FAN...

My family and I were outside over the weekend and I went in the house for something to drink and the T.V. show "here comes honey boo boo" was on in which I paid no attention to - UNTIL I seen it - the 20" box fan being pulled from a dumpster they were at in McIntyre, Georgia.

Apparently the 20" box fan is trying to make its way to Hollywood to make the big time, making guest appearances on shows like here comes honey boo boo. I wish you the best of luck in your acting career.

"Honey Boo Boo"? If it were seen on a show that someone else had seen, or even heard of, this post might have some merit. But "Honey Boo Boo"?

Anyone else see this?

Anyone?

Anyone?

crazy

I know what you mean, I was thinking the same thing as I was typing the post. I had to ask my daughter what the show was called so I could post it. When she told me what it was I couldn't stop saying the same thing, Honey boo boo" really? Then I had to think about posting it for a few days as I feared this might happen! crazy

I would also like to add that the viewing of "Honey boo boo" was a complete accident on my part and I have witnesses to attest to the aforementioned statement.

I saw it just recently sitting next to a garbage can at Tioga Beach on Pokegama Lake in Grand Rapids. I was going to pick it up but I noticed it had some gull p o o p all over it, didn't want to contaminate my car.

• 2 months later...

I was finally able to save up the money for a new fan. I'm going to get that sucker blowing hard and maybe we can get some ice on the lakes soon. I'm itching to get on Keller and pound some sunfish.

I will go with Twins stickers since they are much worse than the Royals now. I been gone a long time but I'm still here, and the cat is O.K. and very soft.

I will go with Twins stickers since they are much worse than the Royals now...

Now, that's just weird. It's like saying, "I was thinking about putting a rhinoceros sticker on the new one because it doesn't have just that one horn."

• 1 month later...

This fan must be working again as its getting colder and will be the coldest its been in 4 years. It needs to be broken again so we can start blamming Global warming on it. laugh