• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

20 inch Box Fan

sorry I didnt have time to read all the posts but I was just wondering if you still have the fan? I could use one for next summer.

well if it was able to blow all the snow in this monster drift in front of my house back to where it came from...I would use it!!! I am not sure that it could though with a missing blade.

sorry I didnt have time to read all the posts but I was just wondering if you still have the fan? I could use one for next summer.

The original box fan is gone, along with it's original unicorn and Kansas City Royals stickers. The important thing here is the cat is fine. If you are interested, however, in a precustomized 20" box fan, I did run into one in my basement yesterday. It's a Lakewood model with the plastic grate and only a little bit of duck tape on it. It does have all five blades. I guess I'm not sure if it works or not, or even who it might belong to (was here when we moved in), but since I really don't have any use for it I would be willing to set it outside for anyone interested in picking it up. Let me know.

Now if I were to send a flatbed to retrieve this fan, could the driver have some help loading this unit?

This is an electric box fan. You can't really load the thing as there isn't any place for the bullets to go. You just sort of plug it in and it blows stuff around -- like a wind machine. Get it?

Besides, everything has to be unloaded and encased for transport in Minnesota.

I checked this morning, and there is no caliber listed anywhere on the box fan. It does, however, WORK. Even the three position switch works. This is a fully functional, precustomized, 20 inch Lakewood box fan with only a minor amount of duck tape on it. Do I have any takers? Like I said, I have no use for it.

I don't have a digital camera, but if there are any other FM members that are willing to come out to the farm to take a picture of the fan and post it so you can decide whether you want it or not, I would be happy to give them directions. It's a pretty nice fan.

The original box fan is gone, along with it's original unicorn and Kansas City Royals stickers. The important thing here is the cat is fine. If you are interested, however, in a precustomized 20" box fan, I did run into one in my basement yesterday. It's a Lakewood model with the plastic grate and only a little bit of duck tape on it. It does have all five blades. I guess I'm not sure if it works or not, or even who it might belong to (was here when we moved in), but since I

really don't have any use for it I would be willing to set it outside for anyone interested in picking it up. Let me know.

does the knob for the speed control on it yet? i was looking for one with out the knob becuse i have a extra vice grips i found on the road

Nobody seems to have a good box fan without a knob. The construction of these things must be top notch.

You might be able to use those vice grips to hold a set of rabbit ears onto a tv set up until everything goes digital. I hear that helps a lot.

Me I'm still waiting on a taker for this box fan. It's getting awefully cold in here.

Can't remember where I may have read this, but move the fan to the other side of the house, it may warm your house up wink

Can't remember where I may have read this, but move the fan to the other side of the house, it may warm your house up wink

Unfortunately, the window on the other side of the house has been painted shut, so I can't try this. It does sound like a good idea though, especially since that window would be on the South side. It's much warmer in the South.

Guy's let's keep this on topic ok?

If not I'll have to lock this thread up and I'll do it so fast your Fan will spin...I mean your head will spin.

Guy's let's keep this on topic ok?

If not I'll have to lock this thread up and I'll do it so fast your Fan will spin...I mean your head will spin.

Does this mean you're interested in this fan? There's only a little bit of Duck Tape on it.

I also have a 20" (actually 20 1/4") box fan that anyone can have. It's still sitting under the coffee table. The knob is still on it, but I can whack it off if desired. I'd like to trade it for one of the following: 16" crestliner or similar boat/motor/trailer; 2000 or newer pop-up camper or small trailer: a left handed Ruger M77 in 270 Win. I'll be waiting by the laptop for all those interested.

how is the cord for this fan? i want one with at lest 3 bad spots of bear wire showing and 3 poor splice in it.

The cord is okay on this one -- gray, but I think it may have come from the factory that way. Sorry.

As for the guy with the in-laws, are you coming to pick it up? Please let me know so I can give you directions and get my father-in-law to plow the road out to the highway so you can get here.

I also have a 20" (actually 20 1/4") box fan that anyone can have. It's still sitting under the coffee table. The knob is still on it, but I can whack it off if desired. I'd like to trade it for one of the following: 16" crestliner or similar boat/motor/trailer; 2000 or newer pop-up camper or small trailer: a left handed Ruger M77 in 270 Win. I'll be waiting by the laptop for all those interested.

Do they make a 16 inch Crestliner? grin

Aw come on...give the guy a break....one of my early post on this thread had the fan as a 20' box fan. Now that is a big fan. laughlaughlaugh