• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka crappies

Heading out in the morning to look for some crappies. I think i will be putting in at grays bay. If anyone has a idea where to start looking that would be great. Depth would be good!

Thanks, LovenLifeGuy

Was on Tonka tonight for the first time in years, and actually only the second times ever fishing it. We were in a small bay crappie fishing, and we got 2 12 inchers, half a dozen 10-11 inchers and a bunch of 8-9 inchers. Nothing smaller than 8" I was surprised. Nice sizes. (Didn't keep any.)

We also caught about 12 or so bass, a few in the 14" range, one 15". We moved each time we caught a 3rd bass in the same spot. Also caught two small pike. Also a few sunnies. Fishgin was good! Real fun!

About 4.5 - 6 feet of water, and there was some type of under water brush pile or something that we could feel in the area - a few of them.

A few other boats out there and only two that we saw catch fish. Fun time!