• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opener weather.

John Mickish

Well here is what they (accuweather) is saying for opener.

I'll repost the forcast every few days as it gets closer.

Friday;

Sunshine and patchy clouds Low: 40 °FHigh: 65 °

Saturday;

May 12 Sun and some clouds Low: 40 °F High: 69 °F

Sunday, May 13 Colder with clouds and sun Low: 37 °F High: 58 °F

Most can't predict what tomorrows weather will bring. I'll say that forecast changes numerous times by opening day. I think those long term forecasts area joke. Two days ago it had clouds, rain and wind. I'll bet money its cold, cloudy and rainy. Seems like that is the norm the last few years! Oh well, we are still fishing and it might keep a few folks at home. Can't wait for next Friday. Let the games begin!

My guess for the weather is that it's going to be like last weekend and this upcoming weekend. Starts out really nice on saturday and on sunday we'll have a chance at a shower or storm. Something in my gut tells me it gonna be a great opener weather wise. (Isn't it always?) grin.gif

I predict temps in the 50's with a 15-20 mph NW wind... all combined with a constant sprinkle of rain. This will be punctuated with a few heavier showers.

When I think of opener, this seems to sum it up every year. We've had a nice run of good weather. It projects right up to this coming weekend. That should set the state for a run of bad weather through opener weekend. My glass is half empty. But, this way I can only be happily surprised if it turns out otherwise.

I think you may have to drastically change it, just so we can jinx it back to where we want it. Now I think we are asking for hard cold rain all night w/ 7' rollers from the south. May have to grab a launch spot and try it on the big boat! j/k See ya out there tongue.gif

As usual, I predict, Low 30s, Snow, wind, 3 foot swells in the morning and wearing shorts by noon.

Dan

Here is what they are saying one week away.

Friday,

Partly sunny and warm Low: 48 °FHigh: 73 °F

Saturday,

May 12 Clearing, Low: 36 °FHigh: 68 °F

Sunday,

May 13 Sunshine and patchy clouds, Low: 40 °FHigh: 65 °F

I can live with this grin.gif

On weather.com, for the 10-day forcast they now have rain Friday through Sunday with the wind out of the East around 7-10 mph. Shouldn't be too bad.

If its really nice the weekend before opener it will be crappy on opener. I only know this from past experiences.

besides it doesn't matter what the weather is I'll be out fishing somewhere.

Well it is looking like another wet opener. The good news is that the lakes need it desperately.

Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 68.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Saturday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 69.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.

NWS forcast for the Malmo area...No wind predictions yet.

All you need to say is Opener Weather. That is explination enough. It will be cold, windy, cloudy, with a "chance" of rain. I say "chance" because even if it was sunny, it would rain at some point during the weekend because mother nature has a sick sense of humor.

Wind predictions @ accuweather for Isle...

Saturday - East winds 7MPH - Gusting to 12...

Sunday - Southeast winds 17MPH - Gusting to 28...

It's obvious a cold front is going to start coming through late Friday and run the full weekend (what's new?)...

I checked 8 towns spread around the State. They all call for strong winds and gusts NE to SE through the weekend.

Another typical Minnesota fishing opener...

I don't trust or like accuweather. Last sunday, they said it was supposed to be sunny and warm for my town. It was cloudy the whole day and it rained in the morning.

Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. East wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Can you say "Walleye Chop"?

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 66.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 69.

K. Have you had a chance to see if the site is pretty accurate? . Or we talking goof on the roof guessing. grin.gif

I havent seen too many sites willing to predict the wind that far out..Thanks for the link..

Dan

I always use weather.com You just key in a city. Malmo for example. It lists a detailed forecast usually a few days out, including wind. Hope this helps . It even shows hour by hour a day or two out. cool.gif

Vielen Dank für die Bekehrungslektion. Ich dürfte Gebrauch für dies in Zukunft haben

MuleShack, I hear ya! What are we on the ocean? Gimme MPH! grin.gif

sunday 15 to 30 out of the south, should make the north end a little more fun

Everyone be careful out there this weekend. Looks like the hawk along with the eagle are going to be flapping their wings. Tie the kids in the boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all. I'm staying in don't like crazy weekend openers.

Good to be retired so don't have to fight the crowds. To darn old anyway.

I cant remember the last time we had such good fishing weather to start the one "eye" willie fishing opener~ Hope everyone is safe, and lands some nice fish! GOOD LUCK!

The weather could not have been better. However, I think if the weather man is right, tomorrow could be a different story.