• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NBA 07 Playoffs

Scott M

Things have been interesting.

I've really enjoyed this Golden State-Dallas series. If Dallas gets knocked out I like the Suns or Spurs chances, Pistons are tough to beat too.

i like watching the bulls. i'm not much an east guy, but the bulls are a fun team. i think the nets could make some noise in the east too. it's a toss up between the suns and spurs. hard to go against the class and poise of san antonio. plus they got big shot bob. if the game is close, gaurd horry. cool.gif

Hey Lookin',

You got to love my Woolly Bullys issuing the "beat down" on D-Wade and Shak-daddy and the rest of the reigning champions. Next up could be a tall order, The Pis-tons!

DAAAAAAAA Bulls!

Windy

i think they will have something for the pistons. it may, however come down to home court adavntage. i am a full blooded iowan, so i gotta root for hinrich. cool.gif

Hey Lookin',

Hawkeye or Cyclone???

Windy

cyclone. i even attened for a year grin.gif

i will root for the hawks, i grew up a hawk fan, but came to my senses as i aged grin.gifcool.gif

All I can say is WOW. Golden State got it done tonight. CRUSHED Dallas in the third quarter, left them no chance. Nowitzki, who will probably get the MVP award in the most awkward ceremony ever, finishes with 8 points for the game. Golden State will be pretty confident heading into either Utah or Houston.

It was great watching Dallas lose last night. I cannot stand Mark Cuban 1 bit.

The Wariors did a great job on Dirk. Sometimes when Dirk got the ball he would fire it up there just to get a shot. If the Warriors stay healthy(Baron Davis strained hamstring)I think they can get past Houston or Utah. Yao will never be able to keep up with the pace the Warriors play at and sometimes McGrady taking questionable shots feeds right into the running game of the Warriors. I like Utah's roster(Williams,Boozer,Okur,AK-47,Harpring, Giricek, Millsap, and Fisher). It would be a good series between Utah and Golden St.. One thing that Golden St. doesn't have is a deep bench(they may go 7 deep with Al Harrington) so if the series goes deep watch out for fatigue to be a factor.

Dallas had NO inside presence and no rhythem whatsoever. After Stackouse cooled down in the 3d quarter, the demise of the Mavericks was on.

For Golden State, I hope they remeber that if you live by the 3, you also die by it. I cannot se how they can continue shooting that hot in three point land. If they can keep feeding the cutting players to the post, they are a dangerous team.

Hey Lookin,

I went to a football camp at University of Iowa prior to my freshman year in college at NIU. My brother in law played football and basketball at Loras, he was a DuHawk! It just goes to show you that it is a small world out there (but I wouldn't want to paint it)

Windy

Quote:

It was great watching Dallas lose last night. I cannot stand Mark Cuban 1 bit.

grin.gif

how can you guys hate cuban? sure he is a little over bearing, but he wants to win more than any other owner in sports. after stienbrenner, that is. players want to play for dallas now after years of being a joke, they are now a league power because of him. i could do with a little less air time for his goofy face, but he would make a winner wherever he goes.

that being said, i kinda like GS's chances to get passed the next team. the biggest problem will be the big men. either yao or boozer should be able to have their way in the paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Spurs pulled out the win after being behind all game. I like San Antonio's chances to go all the way. Pretty strange ending to Game 4, made for some drama in game 5, but San Antonio won. Kind of like Sir Charles said, they are the Stepford Wives of the NBA. They just go about things businesslike and win.

The suspensions may have ruined this series. It will be hard, but I hope the Suns win the next 2 and end the Spurs season.

Quote:

The suspensions may have ruined this series. It will be hard, but I hope the Suns win the next 2 and end the Spurs season.

I agree.

I agree that the suspensions ruined the series. I dont agree with the suspensions with amarie and Diaw. If they are going to inforce that you can't go on the court while you are on the bench they should inforce it to everyone, which they didn't. Tim Duncan also came of the bench and onto the court earlier in the game and Bowen had to bring him back to the bench.

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the Spurs getting special treatment?

Also has anyone else noticed how cheap of basketball player bowen is? I recently have been watching clips of him playing and I think he hurts more people than anyone else in the NBA.

Just my opinions

Spurs won. They are playing great basketball. I know everyone is gonna cry about missing players for game 5 but that had no effect on game 6. The spurs have had the suns' number in the regular and post season and that trend continued tonight. I think the Spurs will beat Utah in 5.

i like your prediction of spurs over jazz in 5. i'd like to add spurs over stones in 6. finals mvp: ginobli

on a side note, detroit over cleveland in 6. cool.gif

I'll second that finals prediction. A repeat of the 05 finals. Flip gets one step closer.

• 2 weeks later...

LeBron really turned it on. I saw the 48 point game and saw things unravel for Detroit in Cleveland in game 6.

I expect San Antonio to take care of LeBron and company in 5 or 6 games. For the sake of the game, I hope they do. I like LeBron, he's a team player, fills out all of his stats, but 1 person being more important than 5 doesn't seem right to the basketball purist in me.

Quote:

I expect San Antonio to take care of LeBron and company in 5 or 6 games. For the sake of the game, I hope they do. I like LeBron, he's a team player, fills out all of his stats, but 1 person being more important than 5 doesn't seem right to the basketball purist in me.

What do you mean 1 person more important than 5??? Michael Jordan was the man (more important than any player) but leaned on his teamates to lift him and help him when he couldn't do it alone and that is what I see in the Cavs right now with Lebron......I hate the way the Spurs play ball because it is boring but they should beat the inexperienced Cavs.....unless Lebron takes it to even another level and totally dominates but even then I have a hard time seeing the Cavs winning.....For the sake of the game and the NBA they hope Lebron can push the Spurs to game 6 but I think the worst thing to happen was the Spurs getting back to the finals cause nobody likes to watch them!!!

i love watching fundamentally sound basketball. and that's why i like to watch the spurs. duncan has the best post game since mc cale. great footwork, hands and head for the game. then you throw in a gutsy pg like parker and a defender like bowen, a clutch sooter like horry, and all around players like ginobli and finley. what is not to like about the spurs. do you want to watch 4 statues and one great player? i guess that is why i like college ball over the nba cool.gif

the spurs are good no question.....Duncan is great but could be the most boring player ever to watch score 20 with 10 rebounds.....Ginobli is fun to watch at times......Parker is a good PG but I can't stand everytime the spurs play on TV they have the camera on f-n Eva Longoria mad.gif if i wanted to look at her i would watch her tv show....don't care about her during an NBA game mad.gif....Horry shouldn't even be playing right now after that hit on Nash!!! I would rather watch Lebron dominate anyday than watch the Spurs play their boring basketball!!!

i guess i'm just old school. i agree with the who's in the crowd shots. i guess you gotta blame the showtime lakers for starting all that. horry's hip check was kinda cheap, but just a heat of the moment thing. i gotta think that most guys that have played on some level have done something out of the heat of passion that they wouldn't normally do. i remember clearing a rebound into a guy's jaw "accidentally" and that was totally not me. just tired of getting our butts kicked.

i'm all for stars, and even lebron. it's not his fault that his team is not as stacked as the spurs, but if i wanna see a one man team, i can go the the YMCA.

now that being said, i am happy for cleveland. all those good teams were playing when the east was the domminant league. people forget how good they were, it's just that they had to get by the celtics, hawks, pistons, bulls, and nicks. west was mostly just the lakers back then.

i like college b-ball more than the NBA also......I llike to watch a good team play good b-ball...but when you have a talent like Lebron that can do so many things that make your jaw drop it just reminds me of MJ and I guess I was to young to appreciate the ability he had and the things he did at the time.....now Lebron is starting to show his true ability and I am starting to watch the NBA again!!!! GO CAVS>>>>>>booooooooo to Eva Longoria's Spurs!!!! grin.gif

Cleveland may not have even made the playoffs if they played in the west.

don't even try to compare Lebron to MJ on the defensive end. and that's half the game. MJ was ALL-DEF how many years??? Head to Head- Lebron would get his points agst Jordan, but Jordan would school him on the other end. I absoultely hate the comparsions betweent Lebron and Jordan-- it's a joke. James is not even the best player currently, that goes to Kobe. and everybody knew that Jordan was better than Dominique Wilkins. that's who Lebron is like-- Wilkins--- great offensive-- but avg def and schooled by MJ.

LEbron is only 22 and should improve and MJ didn't win his first title till much later.... still KING JAMES couldn't hold MJ's jockstrap.

start the comparsions in 5 years. then I'll listen with a unprejudice ear.

nobody liks to watch the spurs??? REally?? I like watching champs more than chumps anyday. Call me old fashioned, but good olde D and sound OFF and a true TEAM grab my attention everyday. The Spurs are a coaches dream to put on a clinic for kids. Sacrifice, pass, assists, rebound, and then score.

That beats a one man show every time.