• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Superior around the end of May???

Looks like towards the end of may will be the first chance we are going to get to hit the big lake. Weather permitting, where would be a good place to start?

I have downriggers (not installed yet) and inline boards with a ton of cranks, but I'll get some spoons as well.

As far as the boat goes, we have a Skeeter 1790 tiller with a 75 yamaha 4 stroke. It handles great on big water, but I've never put it on anything bigger than Red- Mille Lacs, so wind may be a factor. Being new to doing the big lake on our own, we are going to start small and get a feel for it.

Will the trout/salmon still be on the surface that time of year?

Which is better, 2 harbors or duluth?

Thanks again-

Michael

Most will be fishing trolling boards or a combination of boards and downriggers. Fish tend to be less deep early (May and June) and go deeper as the lake warms. Just cover a variety of depths and presentations and when you find what works, go with it. If you can find where the baitfish are, that is a good place to start