• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

THURSDAY NIGHT BASS TOURNAMENTS (SOUTH METRO LAKES)

Where south metro Lakes including Marion, Orchard, Crystal, Spring, Fish, Carl's, and Cedar Lakes. First one is Thursday May 31st and every Thursday after that until October.

Start Time: 5:00pm til dark

10 Bass limit per Boat

$20 per guy $40 per boat

Payouts 1st, 2nd, and big bass

Optional $5 for big bag of the Year

No entry forms just show up and fish and have fun, it is always alot fun. I will add the schedule soon. If anybody has any ques. feel free to let me know.

I will post the schedule when I get it, we meet at the boat landings before 5pm

Yes or $20 per person if you want to fish alone.

Why on earth would you fish alone and only weigh 5 fish if teams can weigh 10.

Hi Deitz legally you can keep 6 fish and we have had at least one guy every year win with just 6 fish and there are just a select few guys that get there 10 fish each week. You can still take big bass. The whole we do these Thursday nighter's is to just get one day on the lake fish to have some fun nobody takes them real serious it's all for fun. This is the only time I have ever advertised the Thurs. is on this form, Because I thought there might be a few guys from around this area that might want to get and have some fun every week or when every they want to fish and haeck you can even win a little money back on average we have 10 to 13 boats that show up.

I would like to see the schedule ones you have it done!

Well the schedule will be coming out soon I am just curious how many people on here would like to fish in some or all of these fun thursday night bass fishing.

I was looking for an East side Thursday night event. I am in if I could launch a little later then everyone else.

That is not really a problem you just have to go show myself my partner your livewell and pay at the same time, because we do have guys that show up late sometimes. It's all about having fun.

I would probably be interested if it weren't for the 10 fish limit. I don't have a partner that I can count on for sure and even though it's more for fun, don't really want to put myself at that much of a handicap if I had to fish alone, not to mention the stress of carrying 10 fish during the summer heat puts on the fish if I did have a partner. Look at every other club/tour/trail, and they've finally done away with the 10 and 12 fish limits of years past. If that part changes, let us know.

I'd have to agree if the limit was 5 per team I'd probalby be able to do them all, but it seems pretty silly to be at a 5 fish disadvantage fishing by yourself, so I'll probably do the ones I can get a partner for.

Just for discussion sake what is the difference if you went to a 5 fish limit per boat. Still ahve to catch the 5 biggest or the 10 biggest, same concept.

That is the way they have always being and we don't have dead fish rangerforme you know that you have fished quite a few of them. Bassomatic you don't have to fish all of them just fish the ones that you can get a partner, and as for the heat well they don't start till 5pm and by that time the air temp is starting to cool down as the sun drops and it is only 4 hrs of fishing vs midday fishing tournament for 8hrs durning the peek of the heat. We are not a club at all these all started when a few of us got tired of the thursday nights on prior so we would just get together on a different lake on thursday nights and fish for a small pot and now there there is more interest in them because we keep it fun and do a different lake every thursday.

Like rangerforme, i've fished them as well. Lot's of good guys out there and I'd fish the tournaments this year too if it wasn't for the 10-fish limit. In my opinion, it's too hard on a fishery and too tough for the one man team.

If it were 5 or 6 fish, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

to be honest with you guys we have talked about changing it to 7 fish, why 7 we like to see teams show up singles are always welcome so 7 would give the team an advantage but the single guy could still easily win it. We like to see new people fish and by keeping the entry fee low it's a good way to get someone new into tournament fishing that wants to have fun and learn new ways to catch bass with different styles of fishing. On the other note if all we had were singles show up then the payouts would go way down unless we change it to a straight fee of $40 per boat no matter 1 or 2 guys fish in the boat.

Looking forward to the schedule. Count me in for the fun. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for taking time to set this up for all of us to enjoy.

oakdale no problem hopefully we will have the schedule done by this weekend. Normal the first lake is always Cedar lake just south of prior lake.

7 would be a good number, little easier on the fish and it still encourages you to fish as a team since you get the slight advantage of 2 more fish, but it doesn't sound so discouraging if you want to fish it by your self.

Sounds good. I will look for the schedule when we get back from opener. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

10 fish seems like a lot because there is a greater chance of killing bass. If you have 10 teams with 10 bass each, that is 100 fish. Where as if you had a 5 fish limit, thats only 50 fish. I understand that most teams won't even get a single fish, but if they did each come in with a limit, that is stressful on that many fish, plus fighting for room in the livewells when the oxygen levels are already extremely low with the hot waters. Just my opinion.

If anyone needs a partner in there boat let me know.. I'd bring a few fish into the boat..

• 2 weeks later...

Well it all starts this thurs. the 31st it will be on Cedar lake near new prague.

I will definitely be out there on Thursday night. Any idea on how many boats/people fishing this?

any where from 7 boats to 15, we will be at the launch off of 13

Can't make it this week as i left the boat up north since i'm heading right back up this wekeend but what lake is next week?

I will post the schedule in the morning. Have fun up north.

1st place on cedar was 29 something lbs and 2nd was 22 something lbs big bass was 4.69 lbs I believe RANGERFORME was the one that took 2nd am I right RANGER.

Wasn't me I didn't fish, should be there on Spring this week. How were the weeds down there on cedar? What was the winning pattern?