• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

turkey distance in a day?

DRH1175

Dumb ? but how far do turkeys travel in a day? Seen a couple flocks today in fields in the same section I am hunting. Both only a few parcels from the wma I am hunting. I am heading out tomorrow scouted today for the next 4 days. Did Flush a hen turkey today on my way out. If there is a hen in the imediate area I would think Tom Tom could not be too far right? Also the field I am hunting the DNR decided to do a burn on Yesterday. Scouted Thursday night and was nice Prarie grasses. Today Black is this good or bad?

Generally if you are seeing hens you are in the right spot. If you are seeing Toms on the same section and you have good turkey cover you should be alright.

The DNR did a burn on the piece I was hunting last year... seemed to draw the birds in. The new grass that immediatley was popping up and I think extra bugs made it enticing for them. It was about 2 weeks before my season when they burned it.

Good Luck!

Ken

The burn was just Thursday or Friday. I didn't see any tracks on Wednesday. Last night I was doing another quick scout looking exactly where I want to set my decoy etc... Seen a bunch of tracks that weren't there before. I will be hunting it hard tomorrow. Since Wednesday is the last day for me. Thanks