• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A buddy and I made out first trip out yesterday evening in search of our first open water crappies of the year. We didn't see any crappies caught but did catch some snake northerns, perch, and saw a lm bass caught. Anyone finding any crappies? With the weather we've been having they should be making their initial push up shallow any day. Now I'm stuck on a week of nights, but will try a time or two in the afternoon during the week.

Brian

Where I am at some have moved in but only a few most of the backwaters are filled with small sunnies and bass. I will be hittin em again tonight so ill post how I do.

More bass and a couple of decent crappies just not a lot of them. I moved out from a shallow sloppy bay into 5-10' of weedy water and thats where the crappies were, just not a lot of them. They were hittin' crappie minnows on a plain hook. I tried a variety of jigs with plastics and couldnt buy a bite. Ill try again in the morning before im off to the cities.

Good luck!

Thanks Dustin.

Was this your first successful panfish trip of the open water season? I've got some suckers to get smoked in the next day or two and then I'm gonna dust off the duck boat and try a crappie spot.

Brian

That was my first outing for panfish this spring Brian.

Tried a different lake today, C&R'd 10-12. Caught a few in around 2 FOW right at dusk, but most were right on the break in 5-9 FOW.

One of the nicer ones from Sunday....

20070429_lo_crap.jpg

was out monday afternoon with the kids. Got several crappie in the 10-11" range. Lots of nice gills mixed in. fished from shore with waders in bout 3 to 5 fow.

bmc, headed up thie weekend, sat am. hope to wet a line. prbably just get work donethat needs to be to get ready for the summer. good luck fishin.