• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hi guys i am new to this site and was wondering if anyone knew about walleyes in women lake I have a cabin on the lake and have been struggling to find the walleyes in recent years. any info would be appreciated thank you

nater if i were you i would go to the airplane bar it is a half mile of the mouth of bungey bay. Drift across it with a jig and a minnow/worm/leech and u should pick them up(remeber best fisghing is on cloudy days)i have fished this all last year and had great success and yess we catch them there in the summer too!!! grin.gif

THANKS I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE FISH THAT AREA ON OPENER DO YOU EVER HAVE SUCCESS OFF GOVERNMENT POINT?? AND WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST SPOTS TO TRY ON OPENER?? THANKS

yes i would try and go to the rock pile right there with a minnow and a lindy rig!! smile.gif

I usually avoid Government Point around opener because it seems to be the place that attracts 8 billion boats. I have always done my best on Woman Lake by fishing away from the crowds.

If you have not yet mastered shallow water crank bait trolling, I think you owe yourself a shot at it. Especially after dark. Look at the map and look for shallow flats or shoreline breaks and troll them. Opening weekend is NOT too early to be doing this. I have had some so-so openers on Woman, and some outstanding memorable ones as well.

thank you very much my family has had a cabin on the lake for 28 yrs and i have been going up there on opener the last 12 yrs i will say im onlu 19 abd love to fish but it seems we never have luck on openor lately thank you.and say if you want to know where to get crappies let me know

I would love to know where to catch some crappies. I will be up with my two young daughters this weekend and they love to bobber fish......

I spend the majority of my time chasing walleyes but my experience with Woman Lake Crappies isn't so much knowing where to fish them as it is knowing WHEN to fish them.

Otter Bay is no secret for the crappies. However, if you are there at the wrong time you will be pretty bored. Sometimes the "crappie run" matches up nicely with the opener and we catch crappies by day and walleyes by night.

Since you have a cabin on the lake (as does my family), I suggest the following for walleyes: begin by using lighted slip bobbers on "typical" reefs and humps that top off shallower than 12 feet. Experiment and move around. You will eventually catch a walleye or two. Then, as you get to know the bottom of the lake, expand to long line trolling shallow shad raps over larger areas under 10 feet. You will dial them in.

well i wasnt going to tell u otter bay cause thats a given but i have a spot in the summer i wouldnt mind sharin if i got ur email dont want everyone to know. thanks

goin to be there Wednesday-Sunday after the opener. Always a challenging lake to fis this time of year but so much fun when ya find them.

iceman

How excited are we???? It's the fishing opener!!!

Hope everyone has good luck and hope the rain stays off of us for at least an hour or two. smile.gif

GO FISH!!!

This will be my first opener in 7 years where I will NOT be on Woman Lake. I am excited to open with the buddies on Mille Lacs but I am going to be missing Woman Lake too, that is for sure. It is looking like I won't be up to Woman until memorial day weekend.