• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Planning on going out this weekend looking for some good crappie action! Has any one been out yet? I hear that they are just starting to pick up. One more question do you prefer live bait or plastic?

I also heard they are going. Plan to get out too -- the dang wife is in Vegas so I might have to wait till next week.

Always real -- never plastic.

I almost prefer gulp to live bait some times specially when the bite is on. You dont have to change you bait as much. you can catch 2-3 fish on one gulp minnow or maggot.

Live bait for me, they never hold the fake stuff long enough for me to get a hook in them. The bite was decent today with males up shallow and the bigger ones still out deeper.

I was getting low qunatity, nice quality crappies this past week. Fishing from shore, bobber about two feet above the jig witha crappie minnow. last night though, only caught largemouth bass (about a dozen in the two pound range.) I was going to get the boat out Wednesday but when I went in my basement to get the batteries, I found that I had about 3" of water in the basement. Switch on the sump pump was failing. Thought about trying it today but one of the brothers thinks I need golf lessons over at Barnesville. Always fun to show him up here and there.

Water in the basement -- that is one of my big fears. When we built the house I put a second sump hole and have a backup on a deep cycle on it. Thing is -- it may not work when you really need it, but it does help you sleep a little better at night.

Caught our first crappie of the open water season last night. Although it was small it was fun seeing it being reeled in by my better half. We caught a few bluegills and my daughter reeled in a 2 lb. northern which she had fun reeling in. We didn't stay until dark though.

Cicada, is that at your super duper secret night spot? Mine hasn't been producing worth a cra_. It's been a slow, disappointing spring slab search for me. It seems like I always should have been there yesterday confused.gif.

Didn't intend on bugging you at work the other day, but couldn't remember my password at work either. Going to be a busy week coming up. Guess I got a different boat so I have to get the old boat ready and try to sell it. Feels strange. We bought the old boat brand spanking new in Cooperstown in 1979. Not sure why I needed a different boat, it still floats. Folks will feel better in a little bigger boat.

Congrats on the new boat. Weren't bugging me, I had to get some stuff right away, sorry you felt like your were bugging me cause I didn't mean to make you feel that way. Stop in any time.