• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnesota opener

Why Okebena v.s. Round? Or Why Round v.s. Okabena? They are the same type of lake, pressure? water clearity ? Number of fish? What?

Round Lake traditionally is a better opening day lake than Okabena is for whatever reason who knows. It's not because of pressure because without a doubt there will be a lot more boats on Round than Okabena guaranteed. Right now the DNR nets had shown Round with a lot more fish per net lift than Okabena even though Okabena still had good numbers and probably a better size average also. Kind of like saying why is Sarah traditonally better than Shetek? It just is.

my family buit a cabin on sara back in the early nineties. we ended up moving to duluth when i was in 3rd grade, but i remember fishing on sara for opener and catching nice walleyes...its awesome to see there is still good fishing in the lake, lots of good fishing memories there!

I'll either be trolling for snot rockets on Lime or jigging for eyes on Sarah.

Do you want the truth? Anything you do on Sarah will get you a nice marble eye! Casting, jiging, trolling, drifting, slip bobbering, but I guarantee you that a Barbie pole, and a Lighting MacQueen pole will catch more than my pole! wink.gif

Thanks for the tip! We just picked up a Lightening McQueen pole for my 4yo son. Better make sure I take it along! grin.gif

I'm wondering and pondering between going to Lac Qui Parle or Shetek... Any suggestions on what may be the better choice this year for opener?

Quote:

I'm going to Loon on a hunch, it's time.

what loon lake are you talking about which county is it in?

Im not going to be there but I agree Loon is due for some good fishing