• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Gforce

Best Place to Hunt Whitetails out of state

Gforce

Just wondering if any one has any good places for hunting whitetail not in Minnesota. Whether it be in Canada the Dakotas or other states just a good all around trip. Kinda looked at the Wayne National Forest in Ohio but just want to get some ideas from some past experiences people have had. It could be a guided hunt or public doesnt matter. Just an all around good place to go. Maybe take in price and distance into the equation. Thanks

Powerstroke

Are you thinking public hunting or would you be pondering pay-for-access or guided hunt? One of the magazines, I think field and stream, did a "best public hunting" article across the country based on the deer populations and the relative amoun of public land available.

Outside of that, Southern and SE Iowa area good as well as Illinois. Kansas is also a regular favorite. Personally I don't like hunting in fields so I wouldn't mind hunting N. Wisconsin or Michigan. I also hear the E. coast in pretty hot in areas of Pennsylvania.

Meaney

MOST DEFINATELY WISCONSIN!!!

just look at the beauty in my avatar smile.gif He came out of Buffalo County Wisconsin

Scott K

I have hunted in northern wisconsin now for 8 years, lots of deer, lots of public land, lots of people on the public land. There are a few big boys out there but once the shooting starts, they are hard to move in the day light hours! I have always came home with more then enough meat in the medium size deer.

Although my first choice is canada!

bigyooper

Indiana,

over the counter lic. for $125.00, Big bucks, good eating veni (corn fed) lots of land. and easy to hunt.

I go every year with C&C outfitters, they are not too bad on price and have alway put me on a 130+ deer.(not shot, seen)

maros91

When I was in Montana hunting Elk everywhere we drove that had a river bottom had some BIG whitetails. This was in the Lewistown area. Almost all of the land that we seen the whitetails in was private. Although I am sure there is good public hunting around. I will never forget that scene. The hunter was sitting on top of a round hay bale overlooking the river bottom with about 100 whitetails feeding.

superbee

There are alot of great whitetail hunts available all over the US and Canada, it just depends on what you are looking for exactly. We offer hunts in NW Ontario and we have some real good quality bucks and light hunting pressure in the area we hunt. It is remote bush country and treestand hunting is the best method. www.gatewaynorthoutfitters.net

iffwalleyes

My dream whitetail hunt would be in either Saskatchewan or Alberta Canada. They have hugh buck up there bigger than anything we have grin.gif.

jlm

Honestly, if you have the money, the place really does not seem to matter anymore....within reason I guess. Anywhere that you can find good whitetail management will produce trophy bucks. It all about age, nutrition, and some genetics. The biggest factor is age, let them grow to 4.5 to 5.5 years and most will be trophy caliber. Good luck!

tealitup

Quote:

There are alot of great whitetail hunts available all over the US and Canada, it just depends on what you are looking for exactly. We offer hunts in NW Ontario and we have some real good quality bucks and light hunting pressure in the area we hunt. It is remote bush country and treestand hunting is the best method.

I think Superbee should become a sponsor for the free advertising

perchking

Pike County ILL or Kansas in the US, or Alberta or saskatchewan in CA.

jlm

FYI, he is a sponsor! Please check out what he has to offer! Looks great!

superbee

Thanks jlm, I sent you off an email about the hunt, but I have been having some problems sending some of my email. If you email me your phone number, I can give you a call and go over everything.

jlm

I did get your email, thank you. Very good information and it looks like a very unique hunt!!! I will respond soon with a few questions! Thanks for the reply! I hope everyone else gets a chance to check out what Superbee has to offer, a hunt of a lifetime with a pretty reasonable price tag. It looks like a great opportunity!

peder

I lived in South Central KS for 5 yrs, there are some monsters. But no public land, lots of outfitters, and leased land, so it will cost $$$$$.