• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hello fellow fishing addicts what a killer web site I fish the river as much as possible and look forward to chatting with you all got 5 walleye 2 white 2 smallies 2 carp last weekend on pool 2 its finally hitting cool.gif

what were u catching them on? live bait or plastics?

welcome to the site also

Yep, Its definitly crank bait time for the walleyes on pool 2. I was looking at some stuff from last year and I started nailing them on cranks last week of april last year. I am gonna be out there tommorrow to give it a shot.

Good Luck let us know how you do I will be out sat and sun will let you know how i do,got a 22'walleye last weekend hope to find the bigger ones this weekend.

well I went out today from 4-7 with the intentions of finding some walleyes but I hit one of my bass spots first and never left. I got 5 fish, 3 dinks a 15 incher and a nice fat 4lb 9oz pig. It was kind of hard to leave after catching her! Caught all on a spinnerbait fished very slowly around lay downs and stumps in a backwater bay. Next time walleyes for sure, unless i catch a bass first wink.gif

Nice bass sounds like alot of fun I only got out sunday went to pool 3 bad idea alot of boats trolling had one fish on but lost it. better than work though.

I was out on sat. looking for anything that would bite. Only caught a couple white bass and a sheephead. The weekend before was really good. It amazes how many people were fishing for bass on sat. All the years i've fished the pool I've caught maybe 5 lm bass, alot of smallmouth though. If anybody has any suggestions on lm bass down there I'd take a couple of hints.

We caught a fair amount of LM in the backwaters all weekend. On Saturday we could not buy a fish on a jig/plastic - caught them all on spinnerbaits but on Sunday it was just the reverse with one exception. SM were creaming the spinnerbaits both days. The more active fish seemed to be in areas where the water temp was in the upper 50's.

Hope this helps - I only fish Pool 2 a couple of times each spring and this was the first year I have ever caught a SM...go figure.

Daze Off

I have been fishing LMB on pool 2 since I was a kid, and all I can say is that shad imitators like spinnerbaits and rattle traps will almost always out produce jigs and plastics. I think its because the water is so dirty that you almost have to hit them in the nose with a jig or plastics, but they can hear and see other baits better. I like to find backwater areas that have more than 3ft of water any shallower and it doesnt seem to hold bass just rough fish. I like to target laydowns and stumps and really slow roll the spinnerbait over and through the cover first, and then go back through and try a jig, but like I said I generally always have better luck with spinnerbaits or crankbaits. Another tip is to just cover as much water as you can there is so much water out there south of the 494 bridge that you just have to spend the time and you will find some areas that hold fish.