• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moved here, settled in, TIME TO FISH!

I have been doing my darndest to try and learn about the area lakes and find some spots to sneak away to after work and on the weekends. Information has been limited, though I have been lurking here for a while now. Seems like a pretty great community.

I moved to Kandiyohi last November, missed out on the ice fishing season, but am bound and determined to wet my line this spring.

My bread and butter is panfishing, though like most of you, I enjoy it all. To me there is nothing like fresh crappie or sunnies, and I have the most fun fishing for them, too. It looks like Diamond lake (a few miles NE of me) might be one of my best bets. Do you all have any recommendations? I am currently boatless frown.gif so shoreline accessability, or boat rental is key at the moment.

I am not expecting a flurry of information about folks favorite fishing holes, but perhaps some of you could point this new guy in at least the general direction of some spots.

Have fun. Look forward to replies, and 'meeting' you all.

CF

There is a fishing bridge on the East side of Green Lake that can be pretty good. I fished down there a lot before I got a boat. This time of year you should be able to catch plenty of bluegills and maybe some crappies too. You will see some huge carp and bass roaming around there too. The dam and creek by Lake Calhoun is also worth checking out this time of year. It is probably loaded with carp and suckers, but there are some nice panfish in there too. Last year I was down there at this time and I saw some very nice walleyes swimming with the suckers. They seem to disappear when the season opens.

Crappie I live on Diamond Let me know when you can fish and I'll meet you,I have a small 14' fishin boat in at the time,Make it a warm day.There commin in the next few days,warm days that is.Evening is crappie time.

Thanks Sparce! Evening is the right time for me, and my favorite time to fish for the buggers. I have typically been a 'crappie slider casted to the bank and retrieve slowly' fisher in the spring during the warm-up and pre-spawn, but am pretty flexible. You know how it is--less than 10% of fishing is about actually catching fish.

I will be in touch. The warmer weather is coming!

I'm going to have to meet with you and you can give me a tour of Diamond and all of your secret spots! grin.gif

Try Calhoun My spelling is probably wrong. You can fish right off the dock No trophys Lots of small sunnies a few bass and a great experience. laugh.gif

Another spot for shore fishing is on the NE side of Koronis under the hwy 55 bridge, by the public access, people get panfish there.

Crappy, Also the west shore of Diamond on Co. Rd. 4 right at Co. Rd. 26. The East shore of Nest gets really hot around this time just west of HWY.23

Blackjack,have they caught any fish at Koronis yet,been to busy to get up to it.

primetime, I haven't been there either, crappyfisher was looking for shore spots and I thought I'd bring that spot to his attention.