• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

just checking to see whos gonna fish it this yr.and what are your thoughts on the tournament. you never seem to read or hear anything about this tournament.

Great tournament!!! Tons of fish will be caught and with the temperatures and time of year, the return rate will and was outrageous (something like 95% a year ago). The first annual had its ups and downs, but with greater sponsorship this year and a full year of working out the kinks, I'm expecting a great tournament! If you've never fished a tournament before, hop in and enjoy! It's a blast!

Quote:

just checking to see whos gonna fish it this yr.and what are your thoughts on the tournament. you never seem to read or hear anything about this tournament.

What are my thoughts on it? Ha! Same as they have been for the past thirty years. Competition has NO PLACE in recreational fishing and makes a mockery of the reasons most people fish. There.I've said it...again. But ya'll guys go right on ahead and engage in this despicable practice. My chance of changing it has long passed. shocked.gif

May 18-19 contact the radio station for more info...

Ufatz, I'd be interested in hearing your theories as to why you struggle with tournaments? I noticed you mixed multiple words in there which are very opinionated and can be turned around such as recreational and No Place? I'm sure there have been many discussions about this on the forum but obviously the DNR feels it is okay!

Awesome tournament! This year will be new and improved, the fine tuning will make this a great tournament! Look for this to eventually be the premier tourney around....

Ufatz can't compete, that is why he doesn't like tourneys.

I think we all know the original poster didn't intend to ask that kind of question. wink.gif Let's keep this thread on track and not debate about tournaments in general, ok fellas.

very curious why ufatz is so against tournaments [last 30yrs].is it because hes stricly a donater and always will be?or does he have some info the rest of us dont know about? most tournament fisherman arerespectful,practice c/r and do alot for our fishing community.anyways guys i fished it last yr and can;t wait for this year!for those of you gentelman fishing the tournament good luck!

I agree with Chuck. Lets not turn this into a thread of why someone thinks tournament fishing is good, bad or otherwise.

If you dont like or don't like tourneys, go to the political forum and argue your side of the case.

I'd love to fish this one myself.

Yeah, you guys are right. Sometimes I just can't help myself. Eventually guys like me will be gone. frown.gif

Talked about it last year, but didn't do it.

I've thought of it...

I am in for the Battle Lake tourney. grin.gif How about you 3way?

Is this 104 tournament the one that's on OT in May? And Chuck when is the Battle lake tournament going on is it for everybody am looking to get in so tourne's this year granted all get SMOKED but you don't know unless you try!

i thought about fishing the battle lake tournament as well, i think that one is in june. dose anybody know what the entry fee is for the 104 tournament? i got a letter but i miss placed it.

I sent my entry fee/form for the BL tourney over 2 weeks ago. wink.gif

Grand dad- BL Lions tourney is June 23+24

Entry Fee for 104 tourney is 250. ChuckN, How do you guys fish that Battle Lake tournament? I have thought about it over and over again, but due to past experiences which mostly resembled floating contests, I doubt I will be getting in! How can a team win the tournament catching no fish on the second day? Granted their hearts must have been racing the whole day, not catching a weigh fish in 8 hours of fishing sounds more like work!

Mark,

Last year (summer/winter) was by far the worst year for walleyes activity I've seen on WB lake. Baitfish were plentiful (clouds on the graph, and on camera) seemed to be everywhere, at all depths and easy targets. The weather really stunk with lots of systems flowing thru the whole month. For the most part, fish were not in their typical haunts, and it was a struggle to find active eyes.

Last year's day 2 was a tough one. A cool front rolled in Saturday night and it changed everything, for us at least. The bass, sunfish and rock bass that almost cleaned our bait supply in day 1 were non-existant on day 2. The bite seemed to go either way for some...good on day 1, bad on day 2...vise versa. Luck always has something to do with tournaments too. wink.gif

I joined this tourney simply because it's a blast. Eric and others organized a great event with a social meeting before to chat with others, talk BS, and fish hard day 1. Then a dinner to follow with great food and door prizes...and off to day 2 to continue the challenge.

Looking at the history of the tourney, last year was a fluke for having a bad bite, IMO. It wasn't like that in years past.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder, there is still time to sign up and hop in this great tournament!

About 90 last year, this year they are currently at 84 and figure to be right around 90 again. It's a shame this thing doesn't reach over a 100, years back the lake use to hold a 200 team tournament...

What are the specifics about the tourney on Battle (when, how much, contact info, etc...). Fished Battle last year for the MWT Championships for the first time and really enjoyed the lake not to mention meeting a lot of very nice locals. Would love to fish another tourney on that body of water.

Ron Wagner and Bruce Erickson won the tournament with nearly 32 pounds. I don't have the results in front of me and can't find them anywhere on the internet either.

Thanks! Have searched too and can't find anywhere either. Someone surely has the results and I would think could be posted on here?

The tournament was a lot of fun this year. The results are on the wild 104.1 page like it was mentioned. The only bad thing is they must not of had as many boats as they thought because they only paid out to 21st place not 30 like they said. And they also only paid $2500 to 1st place not $3000 like they said. Lots of fish/big fish brought in.