• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappies

Turk

I have been hearing that the crappie bite has picked up and guys are catching them now. I didn't hear much on where...but I know on bobbers and crappie minnows.

If you get out let me know, I never fish them but am interested in crappie action! I'll be back on the Croix soon.

Keep Catchin'

Turk

Hey Turk! I was out on Thurs., and the crappies were going strong (14-16 fow). We caught several over 12 inches, and even a bunch that were 13+ inches. This is only my 2nd year fishing the Croix for crappies, but I can't get over the size. I will be going out today! Email me if you want any specifics!

[email protected]

Guys... I have never been able to find crappies on the St. Croix. Every once and a while I will hook one while fishing for something else but how do I find them and target fish for them? I've caught many crappies on the shore at some of the lakes around the cities before but none of any real size. I've caught more good size sunnies than crappies. Where on the Croix are you guys fishing for crappies? I'd love to go out with someone who knows what they are doing. Please help.

When I have targeted them, I find them in eddies where the water is not filled with junk. Also by docks, and this time of year over shallow backwaters (they are spooky though - with no wind).

Keep catchin'

Turk

well i hit the croix today for some crappies and to check the water level for opener. We caught about ten crappies.. one 12 incher and the rest were under 9 inches...nice to be back on the croix grin.gif