• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi,

I am trying to plan a trip somewhere in the middle of June. I have never been there before, but will be with people who have. I'm just wondering where the really good fishing that I'm always hearing about up there is? I'm trying to base my trip on fishing, so any help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Where in particular are you going? I've been going to grand marais every mid june since I was in diapers, and this year will be no exception. The fishing in that area is fantastic! The bass are very active and in the shallows, on a good day you can easily catch 100+, some quality size too. Lake trout are shallow too and easier to catch this time of year. Lot's of good walleye lakes right outside of grand marais that are full of 14 to 17 inch 'eyes.

Just to name a few...Devil Track has good/easy shorelines to troll for walleyes, might hit a nice northern or 2 also, good night fishing lake...Two Island and Crescent lakes are loaded with structure, sunken islands, points, rock bars, etc, lot's of walleyes with possibility of eyes over 24 inches...and if your after lakers, loon and/or gunflint lake has fast dropping shorelines that the lakers cruise, they're easy to catch with spoons or frozen cisco.

Let me know if you want more specific info. I'll shoot you an e-mail. But besides the fishing, the scenery is pretty good too, you'll see moose, deer, eagles, even wolves!

in the lake smirk.gif nah I think its good all over...locals say more so in the bwca but I havent fished there yet so I cant vouch for it.

I learned a long time ago that if you want to know where the fish are biting ask a tourist. Most locals don't readily share to specific information. smirk.gif

Now that's an honest statement Gunflint. Either you pay your dues on the water to find um or you pay a guide to find um.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Vague question looking for detailed answers. Thats a hard to reply to. June is a super month with a lot going on.

What area and what species are you looking at.

Gunflint, that's pretty catchy...maybe we should go into the refrigerator magnet business...we could make a fortune selling that slogan at all those gift shops up there. grin.gif