• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dodger Vs. Flasher with a FLY

Last year my friends tried a new idea for us. They used a dodger and a fly to to have good success catching lakers on in-land lakes. They were running these on downriggers. I tried them on my medium sized Dipsy Divers but the dodger would cause them to surface.

Any suggestions for fishing with Flys on a Dipsy? What types of lures do you troll with? Thoughts on Dodgers versus Flashers? Thanks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If your dipsy is surfacing its because it tripped. You'll need to increase the tension on the release.

Flashers rotate, Go just fast enough to get it to rotate. Dodgers swing side to side.

I use more dodgers then flashers. When I use either its with a fly w/meat, squid w/meat or spoons.

Quote:

If your dipsy is surfacing its because it tripped. You'll need to increase the tension on the release.

Flashers rotate, Go just fast enough to get it to rotate. Dodgers swing side to side.

I use more dodgers then flashers. When I use either its with a fly w/meat, squid w/meat or spoons.

Can either be used with stickbaits? I got a few dodgers and flys for Christmas but never used them before

I have had success with lakers on a spoon behind dipsy, but my largest fish last summer hit a deep diving Rapala Husky Jerk behind a dipsy. The fish eventually shook off though, it may have been a big pike also.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You can use spoons or stick baits behind a dipsy.

I don't use any stick baits with a flasher.

Some other lures to try with a Dodger are wobble glows, spin'n glows and J-plugs.