• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

sun is out im goin out to my favorite crappie hole?

South_Metro_Slayer

im headed out to a small pond. tell u all how i do.

so.....where is this crappie honey hole of yours? wink.gif Good luck and keep us informed. grin.gif

Ive been to my small crappie hole three times not a crappie only a few potatoe chip sunnies, im stumped on where they went?

Quote:

Ive been to my small crappie hole three times not a crappie only a few potatoe chip sunnies, im stumped on where they went?

Hmmm means the water is still too cold. Or you need to entice them with crappie minnows. Also could be that their fished out? Have you tried other spots around your pond?

Found em ' Last night they were really spread out and came into shore right at dusk, i caught a couple of nice 10's, guy a little ways from me got a 13'. all fished released. I got one fat gill. Its amazing the size of these fish in this small pond right here in the city. laugh.gif

dude, you can't tell us how your catching big pannies, but not give a single tip. i'm not saying that you need to give me the lake or spot you're fishing, because i really don't need them. just don't say "i'm catching fish at my secret hole, and its amazing how big they get", and leave it at that. make this website useful and add info, not brag.

I only caught three fish plain hook and slip bobber, crappie minnow, at this pond u cant use wax worms to many potatoe chip sunnies, i tried a few different jigs no takers, plain hook worked best fo me last night, i will be going back tonight to try to master the pond.

Really slow the other night one nice gill, no crappies. I havent been back since but will try to get that 13' before opening weekend. I think all the fish r scattered out.

Stop by a few of my favorite Slab holes and caught a total of 10 slabs and lotsa smaller ones too. All slabs were caught in 2-3 ft water. Also fished the various rivers without success. All fished returned to the water.

Red, white, chartreuse all have been good colors. Tiny panfish spinners were great too and was better at covering the area faster. No live bait needed. Them Crappies were very aggressive.

A tiny stalker/stealth bobber with a small jig or flu flu was deadly in the shallows.

I was at a small pond as well, small beetle spin in 4-5 fow. All pretty small but the occasional 9-10 incher...

I found this lake last Thursday that surprised me with a couple of 12 inch crappies that went 1lb each. It was unbelievable. I pass it everyday but never stopped to fish it. I tried it with leftover minnows and WOW WOW weee WOW. These are the biggest crappies Ive ever caught. One of them went 13 inches and over 18 oz (thats what the scale maxed out at) so all I know is its 1lb+. Yes, its my new secret crappie hole, and Yes, its going to stay that way. It will totally get fished out if ppl knew about it. Sssshhhhh.

Are they going to be ground into fish patties??? grin.gif Give us a general location, metro area, north, south, east, west metro??? Then we can guess from there. Those sound like some nice fish. Congratulations

Im not a fan of patties. Im more of a deep fried in Shore Lunch Cajun kind of guy myself. Here's a picture:

z86088192.jpg

I kept 2 big ones and 1 small one for dinner. They had the biggest gut Ive ever seen on a crappie.

hey, you probably didn't know, but your not supposed to post pictures of dead fish. Just thought i'de let you know before someone got upset er somthin...nice fish though

[Note from admin: Those pics are okay. Please read forum policy before telling folks incorrectly what it is.]

who says there dead....no difference than showing fish from ice fishing with a limit laying out on the ice..........nice catch and hopefully the pics stay....just a nice back drop to show the nice dark colors!!! Good Luck and enjoy the fishing......

ozzie, these are not my rules, they are the rules of the forum...you are supposed to support C&R. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, i'm meerly trying to tell him nicely before some jerk yells at him.

[Note from admin: Those pics are okay. Please read forum policy before telling folks incorrectly what it is.]

Quote:

Are they going to be ground into fish patties???
grin.gif
Give us a general location, metro area, north, south, east, west metro??? Then we can guess from there. Those sound like some nice fish. Congratulations

LOL grin.gif What's with you guys and the fish patties? Honestly I don't know a single person of any ethnic who grounds panfish into fish patties here in th U.S. Im still trying to figure out where this comes from? However there are fish balls & patty made out of fish used in some Asian noodle soups & European entrees. Ask around and the only answer you get is "HUH?"

But anyhow the secrets been out for a long time now. You can find them slabs in any of the metro area waters. Although most of them may just be out of drainage waters. smirk.gif

Quote:

ozzie, these are not my rules, they are the rules of the forum...you are supposed to support C&R. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, i'm meerly trying to tell him nicely before some jerk yells at him. No need to get fussy over such a small detail!

I don't think it's that big of a deal as long as your not showing fish that have been filet or gutted. Or dead fish on the shore banks. I've seen plenty pixs on here without problems.

I was poking a little fun at T I P. All in good spirits..........hence the big smiley face. The deal about not posting pictures of dead fish is a joke.

Greetings!

TIP: Those arent BIG. haha.

TIP's my brother and he doesnt even show me his secret spot! What a drag. tongue.gif

ok maybe those pics are ok, i don't understand because i had similar pics posted and some jerk said it was against policy and went off on me, then deleted my post...sorry didn't want that to re-occur to you. Nice fish...definately not 1 lb. but still eaters!

r those crappies from I.G.H area?

Quote:

They look like they came from Lakeville...

Now we know where you get your Slabs from... LOL tongue.gif

I think those Crappies came from drainage ponds... joking grin.gif

Those are some dark crappies. I like em a bit lighter shade. tongue.gif

Heres a clue to where I will be this weekend. Just got a call from my Cuz and he said them Slabs are now just starting to spawn and feed further out past NW Metro Areas. So where am I going?

will u be on some kids fishing pond u fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!