• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

In Winona for 5 weeks May6th-June8th

Hi guys,

I need some help from you. I'm gonna be statying in Winona for 5 weeks for a business trip (Fastenal). I was wondering if you can give some info about fishing in the area. When is the season opening for the different species? Do we need a permit to fish, I'm Canadian so I dont know if the permits are more expensives? What are the best spots around Wino? What are the species we can catch around there? Do you know if they are affordable places to rent a boat? That kind of stuff

I'm actually pretty sad I need to go to Winona at that time of the year because where I'm from (Quebec, Canada) it's the opening season for Lake Trout and Walleye. It's the best time of the year to catch theese species before the water gets to hot.

Thanks for your replies

Mat