• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Appeldoorn's Adds Walleye Tourney And Paul Waldowski As General Manager

The Cranker

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort www.sunsetbayml.com has some exciting things happening for the year 2007.

First of all we want to announce to you that Mr. Paul Waldowski is going to be the new General Manger of Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort.

As you all may know Paul is a well known throughout the Fishing Minnesota community. Paul is the Pro Staff Director for Fishing Minnesota and now we are proud to have him aboard Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort as our General Manger.

Paul grew up in Eagan, Mn. Attended Holy Angels High School in Richfield, Mn. Paul then went on to the University Of River Falls. Paul also played hockey and golf in both high school and college. Paul has two children. Alex is 12 years old and Kirsten 14 years old.

Paul has been in the hospitality business for 25 years. Over seeing restaurants as manager, general manager and regional manager positions. Paul has worked for Burger King, Bakers Square, Chili's, and Red Robin Restaurants. Paul, is a very accomplished as a events cordinator/businessman along with being a very avid outdoorsman. Paul has been also with Fishing Minnesota for 6 years and has been a big piece of the Fishing Minnesota puzzle. Paul started with Fishing Minnesota 6 years ago there was only 1500 registered members which has grown into over 30,000 registered members.

The Appeldoorn's feel with the growth of Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort on the lake along with the Appeldoorn's Park Model Sales www.appeldoornsparkmodelsales.com in Onamia, Paul will be a big addition to the Appeldoorn family business.

Paul will be running the resort and I (The Cranker) will be running the Park Model Business along with helping out at the resort and marketing both business's.

"This is very exciting for all us." I have always wanted to live on Mille Lacs Lake and run a quality resort like Appeldoorn's. And now the Appeldoorn's have given me an opportunity to do both, and I am really excited to be working with the Appeldoorn's and The Cranker." says Paul

Paul and I along with HotSpotsOutdoors have already put a fishing event on the calender. Everyone, please mark the September 21st,22nd 2007 for the very first HotSpotsOutdoors "Harvest Moon Walleye Tournament" sponsored by "Lund Boats" www.lundboats.com and "HotSpotOutdoors" out of Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort www.sunsetbayml.com. Cash payouts for largest two day weight, largest fish, and largest one day limit and a hospitality tent with a drinks and food will be avaliable.

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort is very much looking forward to continue building its relationship with Fishing Minnesota/HotSpotOutdoors and Lund Boats www.lundboats.com on this event along with other events in the future, both in the summer and winter months.

"Everyone, is really going to want to see our new cabins 9 and 10." says Paul. "These cabins might just be the best rental cabins on the lake! We are going to get these pictures of 9 and 10 up on the www.sunsetbayml.com website here within the next couple of weeks. I am also very excited about the Four Season Park Model RV Cabin concept that the Appeldoorn's have. These Park Models are going to be the best alternative to owning a cabin there is. They are unbelievable! Everyone should check these Park Model RV Cabins that are four seasoned! I know you will be suprised at what the Appeldoorn's and The Cranker" are offering.

I also want to invite all of you that haven't seen Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort to come on up and really see what this fine resort has to offer. I feel the Appeldoorn's Resort is unlike all the other resorts on Mille Lacs. Thats why I took this position. Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort is truely your family/corperate oriented fishing resort with very nice facilities! Can you tell that I am excited! Says Paul.

I personally am excited about Paul coming on board. With his experience and enthusiasm its going to be alot of fun for us and above all for you!

Paul and I will be posting the Harvest Moon Walleye Tournament regulations here within the next couple of weeks. Please stay stuned for further developments. This tourney is going to be a big one! So get the net!

Fish On!!!

The Cranker & Paul -- WOW!!!!!

Paul, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never met Paul, just numerous e-mails to him on getting me set up for Fall Crankbait trolling, and trying to get together for a day on the water this year.I spoke to him on the phone in the Fall. Thanks for all your help Paul!!! All I can say is that I'm very impressed with him. He is always willing to share his knowledge to everyone !!!!! He took time to e-mail me when I was first new to this web site. Made me feel welcome.

Cranker, I'm looking forward to meeting you this year. After reading all the positive and good words about you in the Winter forums, you and Paul seem to be the perfect team!!!!

Appeldoorn's must now be #1 on Mille Lacs with everything they have done this year!!!!!

Please keep me posted on the September Tournament.

Rodmaker

Congrats to you Paul, you have a job I'd love to have! Cranker, man you guys just keep it going like that battery bunny in the commercial except instead of going and going....it is better and better and.........! I look foreward to getting up there again and maybe fishing this summer a bit and quite possibly the fall tourney as well! I don't typically fish it in the summers as much as the fall months so maybe I'll have a bit of a chance agaist the FM pros out there. If not, I know I'd have a great time! Again, Congrats to you Paul and keep up the good work Cranker!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I would like to thank everyone for all of the phone call and e-mails that I have received over the last couple of days. Your support and encouragement are greatly appreciated. I would also like to thank the Appeldoorn's for giving me the opportunity to build Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort into one of the premier Family and Fishing Resorts on the Lake.

I look forward to meeting many of you in the upcoming months.

Grats Bud!!

I guess this means free room and board for me for life cool.gif

Kevin

So do we have to call him GM? Paul or the walterdowski? grin.gif Looks like most of the above for right now. Again, congrats Paul, look foreward to crossing lines with you and also Cranker. By the way, You guys golf? FM golf, fishing weekend? Anyone, anyone? Just a thought.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Congratulations Paul. I'm sure you will be a welcome addition to the resort. Enjoy your time on the freshwater giant. Now I definitely have to swing by this open water season and shoot the breeze.

TR,

Funny you should mention that.... but both Cranker and I spent the day on the beach working on our short game. He never did manage to get up and down.

On a serious note, we are working on a few play and stay packages that will feature golf and fishing.

Stay Tuned smile.gif