• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I thought I was done ice fishing for the year two weeks ago, but just out of curiosity I drove to one of my favorite haunts on the Whitefish Chain on Saturday...and was shocked to see the ice hadn't even pulled away from the shore yet (in that particular spot). I got out and checked the ice and was again shocked to see that there was still 15 to 18 inches of ice. Sooooo...I drove back to the cabin and threw a few jig sticks, a little tackle, and my auger in a small sled and headed back. I fished for about 4 hours and was rewarded with a mess of crappies up to 12", some decent sunnies, a whole lot of bass and one nice lake whitefish. It was absolutely beautiful, and the only drawback was that the shoreline did get slightly mushy while I was fishing and I ended up with 1 damp foot. A great ending to a great ice fishing season! I guess I have to put away my ice fishing equipment for the second time. NOW I'm ready for open water!