• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trash

fishingbuddy

I know this probably should go into the Mississippi Forum but it applys to all water. I walk my dog along the Mississippi below the 494 bridge. It is amazing on how much trash is on the banks. My girl friend and I started taking those plastic bags from the super market and fill up 4 in about 5 min. If us fishermen pick up just one bag we can make a differerence no matter what river or lake.

Come on opener

fishnbuddy

I know exactly. The rivers around here are a mess right now. I did some picking up the other day. I also live right beside an arena and basketball court so this time of the year makes my backyard look like a garbage dump....The worst is the ribbons that the arena uses for the blue and red lines. That comes out when they take out the ice...What a mess!!!!

Thanks for all the thought about the garbage. Your are correct, if we would all pick up a few pieces, things would look much better. smile.gif

just yesterday i was fishing a catch and release, no live bait, barbless hooks only trout river. i had to climb over rocks and through wild rasberry bushes and wade ice cold water to get to a really great spot. when i got there, i found 8 or 9 empty beer cans, a castmaster spoon package and 20 yards of 10 pound mono wrapped up in a ball laying on shore. i'm hoping to hit it again next week armed only with garbage bags. in fact, i'll post pics jsut to make sure i follow through. smirk.gif

Gentlemen, unfortunately this is a subject that knows no boundries. No nation or jurisdiction is exempt from those who feel it's ok to disgard their trash when and where they choose.

I was taught by my father, not to leave trash behind. I was taught that by doing so would eventually create problems for wildlife and for that matter people too. I had all the respect in the world for my father and even though he has long passed on, his lessons are always something that I remember.

Maybe if we taught our youth from an early age things might be different. Maybe if our school systems introduced anti-littering messages to our youth, things might improve. I don't have the answers, but I do know that somewhere out there is a solution.

This is a great time of year to get the kids away from the tube/computer and pickup some of the trash around outside!c63 grin.gif