• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dick and Bert

fishinphilth

Are there any announcers more entertaining? They make watching the game on TV almost as fun as actually being at the game.

I enjoy listening to them and actually think they call a pretty fair game. Bob Uecker just flat cracks me up and I listen to his games just to hear him. Anyone what to make a wager that the current hot dog debate will last at least till the 4th of July? Will Dick ever have his dog deliver to the box like Bert does?

And why doesn't Bert eat the bread with his 'dog? Will Bert continue to talk with a mouthfull of animal parts? How many birthday references will we hear with 355 days until his next B-Day?

I do get a kick out of that pair. They are tied at the top of my list with Frank-n-Woog for Gopher hockey broadcasts.

Sorry this is old history, but for me nobody was more entertaining to listen to than Harry Caray and Jimmie Piersall back in their WSox days-but then again they had to be.

Not that I'm bored at work or just have nothing better to do. The answer to your question is 135 more time. Well that is how many more time they are broadcasted on FSN. Plus how ever far they make it in the play-offs but should be pretty close though. Could be a few less if Bert happens to slip a couple "F" enhymers by mistake. I met Bert after a game a few years back at a bar next to the dome. He was a hoot. We bought him a couple Coors lites and he bought our table a round. Pretty down to earth guy and between Dick and him they are two of the best at what they do.

Watching as many games as possible on FSN (which my wife will fairly accurately tell you is around 125-130), you cringe just a bit in July/August when some of the phrasing D&B use gets repetitive: "...when he's throwing the ball good..." "They play the game the right way...", the 'call,' the AFLAC trivia, the "This copyrighted broadcast..." speech, but after watching a few WSox games on WGN, you can easily thank your lucky hanky that we don't have to listen to those contrived homer-isms. Overall, Dick and Bert are a good balance.

Now, if we could get the fans in front of me to leave the 'Circle Me' signs at home, it's all good.

Geno,

I have to agree with you on that one. Harry and Jimmy were a classic on the old Sox games. One of my favorite lines was Harry saying to Jimmy (who was on a rant for one reason or another) "You're crazy if you think that". To which Jimmy replied, "I'm not crazy, and I have the papers to prove it". Way funny!

I still have an old baseball autographed by Harry when I saw him at the old Evergreen Park shopping plaza.

Windy

windy you seem to know a bit about ball but you still havent told who the greatest pitcher to never win a cy young is