• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Belle Plaine Cat League

Still waiting on Dennis or Tom to report in with what they got , but the way it looks now Kyle and River Rat Andy had the 1, 2 combo with a 73 and 72 point flat respectivly in their boat , plus Andy takes over the booby prize lead with a 11 point channel!

Channels appear to be Opie with 44 points, followed by Dtro with a 40 pointer.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa Grump

• DTro

• Larry FlatCaster

• hanson

I will get some pictures up soon, but I am waiting to get some info on my fish as it was taged!

Can't wait to see the pics Kyle, not to be a bit "grumpy" here, but I need to confirm your catches.

In the meantime the results above are what we will go with , inthe meantime here is the top 5 heading into week # 5 on the 31st.

Flats:

Kyle 222

WWG 186

Jim D 179

Jerry 160

Tom 149

Channels:

Papa G 141

Opie 132

Jim D 88

LFC 87

Dtro 85

We see these photos of Kyle & Andy's fish yet?

The game is over for tonight as I've already caught a 47" flat I'm entering.

I've got a 34" channel I'm going to enter as well. wink.gif

It should be a good night of fishing. I am predicting a 28" channel and a 35" flat for my boat. Hopefully we can do better than that though. Good luck to every one.

Nice.

Good luck tonight. I am thinking the monkey on Hanson's back is getting tired and gonna fall off soon.

Somebody is going to land a 45"+ tonight.....but sadly it will likely be my partner instead of me.

Par for the course this year.

I am going to predict that the biggest fish of the season is caught tonight by someone....

Quote:

We see these photos of Kyle & Andy's fish yet?

No we haven't and even Kyle is getting ticked. I'll turn up the burner on Andy grin.gif

Good luck to all!

I should call this "Spanked by Dennis." Dennis started the night with a 33 X 20 flathead at about 7:10 PM. Then a few hours later he follows it up with another 33 X 20, but this was a channel. Finally, around 12:45 he gets another 30 inch channel. I think these were all caught on creek chubs or cut creek chub.

Meanwhile, I'm using a ballon as a float with a bullhead and did not get a run. At least my bullhead was lively all night, and I did not get a snag. But, Dennis did not get a snag either so I should not be so smug.

It was a great night on the river, and I picked up some tips from Dennis that hopefully will get me on some fish next time. Thanks for a great evening Dennis.

Quote:

Hanson feeds the monkey a little captain each time out, so it might keep following him
grin.gif

A little captain huh?!??!?!?!?!?!? confused.gif

Here kitty kitty..... HIC.... Kitty... Here....Here....UMMMM... HIC...Urrrrrp Here kitty kitty.

Should work every time!!!! wink.gif

The ever so changing water levels has seemed to have put the fish in lock jaw mode. Most of the fish caught last night were within the first hour or two of fishing.....then nothing.

It can only get better right?

We ended up with a little flat and little channel.

But boy how things have changed for RiverRat. He's riding high with a win last week and a win this week (unofficial).

Could we be seeing a complete turnaround with RiverRat in the pimp hat and LFC posing for this picture grin.gif

CatfishLeague2006018.jpg

Quote:

LFC posing for this picture
grin.gif

CatfishLeague2006018.jpg

MMMMM might be. We boated 5 last night. 3 Flats and 2 channels. 2 Were early and 3 were late.

I know that we are right behind Dennis with our fish sizes. Nothing big but......... better than the egg.

If River Rat is ahead of that....... And he will pull the photos out of his pocket..... we should see someone else wearing that Monkey this year.

Though I fully expect someone else to be wearing the Pimp Hat this season.

HANSON!!!!!!!!!! SHAMU!!!!!!!!!!!

FRONT AND CENTER!!!!!!!

ATTENTION!

wink.gif

I hope that we can do better this friday when we are out. Then I did the last two time out with hanson. Good luck to all this friday night. shocked.gif

Been quite busy, and forgot about posting the results from last weekend( week 5)

Flats: River Rat Andy with a 58 pt flat , Dennis with a 53pt fish for 2nd place.

Channels: Dennis with 53, Kyle B comes through with a 48 pt effort.

Standings heading into this coming Friday :

Flats- Kyle B has it wrapped up with 271 points!

The following 6 all have a shot at the final 2 payoff places

WWG -186

River Rat -182

Jim D-179

Jerry-160

LFC-156

Tom L-149

Channels:

Opie-175 pts

Papa G-141

LFC-127

Dtro- 120

Jim D-88

Good luck to all!

Y'all better dress warm tomorrow night.

I am wearing shorts and a tank top, but only because I am going to be on FIRE!!!

Kyle...I may be down by about 100 points in the flat division, but I am only a 85 pounder from taking the lead.

Quote:

Y'all better dress warm tomorrow night.

I thought I had dressed warmly, but it was still dang cold.

I just wanted to thank Brian for setting this up and all the captains that were generous enough to take me out. Once again, this was the highlight of my summer. I caught my personal best flat (thanks John) and also learned enough to start using my kayak for catfishing at night. I would have given up catfishing without all of your help.

So, thanks again captians:

Brian -- It was cold, and the fish were reluctant, but I saw my first sturgeon. I've got to try sturgeon fishing. Any night in a River Pro is a great night.

Dennis -- Any time fishing with you is a great learning experience. I sure learned some new things about circle hooks and reading currents. It was fun to have Jamie along too.

Eddie -- You new boat is awesome, and I enjoyed fishing in the Henderson area. You got me onto a flat in the last five minutes and gave me hope that I might place for flats this year.

John -- My PB flathead is also my biggest fish. That you had one on at the same time that probably was even bigger was a thrill I don't expect to happen again.

Dean -- My very first two flatheads were while fishing with you. I'm not sure if I'd have caught one yet if you hadn't got me started. I'd had a lot of blankless hours before learning some tricks from you. I'm definitely going to spend more time fishing for flats during the day after being out on the river with you.

Larry -- We had tough sledding this year, but last year made up for it. I'd say we're due next year, and I hope I get another chance to get out on your boat. It's always a comforting feeling knowing that your captain was a Rescue Swimmer in the Navy. Your boat handling and concern for safety is so professional, and those are good skills to learn from a master.

So, thanks agian all of you captains. My only suggestion for next year is to have a special kitty for the captains that got their riders on to the biggest cats. I suspect the riders would be willing to kick in a little extra to set up a captain's kitty.

Thank you all for a great time.

Holy mother of all cold and fog!

Probably the coldest AND foggiest night of fishing Flatties that this guy has seen. We wimped out at 11:30 and it took us an HOUR to get back upstream about 1 mile.

I ended up catching a nice channel that was 12lbs, had another one to the boat and right at the net, that was MUCH larger than the 12. In fact I honestly think it was close to 20. As I saw it come to the surface I was thinking about a 25lb flat because I caught it on the biggest bullhead I had. Then it turned over and I saw the gray and just about fell over. Only to have the hook pop out later mad.gif

We lost a few others that were hooked, but in the process found a nice pattern I think. Tonight should be good!

Thanks again Brian for the the work and I look forward to seeing everyone at the year end party.

Here's my fish from last night:

IMG_0703.jpg

I Had the pleasure of fishing with fishhead last evening in the cool weather. On the way back to the landing a small percentage of the time we could not see anything as the fog was as thick as pea soup.

Now, on to the fish story. We had numerous runs and I caught a smaller one. Fishhead also got on the flathead board.

Thanks for the fun night Dennis.

Final week winners where:

Dennis with a 60 pt flat

Harvey Lee ! 42 pt Flat. These where the only flats caught.

Channels: Kyle B with 52 pts

Dtro and Ryan tied with 49 pts for 2nd. So much for the length and girth thingy.

Final top 3 in Flats:

Kyle B 271 points

WWG 186 points

River Rat Andy 182

This can all change if photo's from Andy and Kyle are not submitted from their respective catches on week 4

Channels are:

Dean -175 pts

LFC- 173

Dtro-169

Smallest flat went to WWG with a 29pt effort and channels went to River Rat Andy with a 11 pt dink.

Thanks to all who participated this year!

The stars lined up and there will be smoked catfish on saturday. Turtle soup too if I get a hold of that snapper that ran through my net.

No cut banks for me. I try to avoid them lately. I know a guy that fishes a lot of cut banks and had a slow year. shocked.gif

Quote:

No cut banks for me. I try to avoid them lately. I know a guy that fishes a lot of cut banks and had a slow year.
shocked.gif

And all the time he thought it was the cold fronts!!! Who wudda thunk? shocked.gif

The first ones trippy! But nice fish!

Cold front, cut bank! It all adds up to a rough year for me. I fished in the same area as you guys and many time. I got skunked for any major biggies!

LFC, thanks for tips, Kyle, nice boat!

Quote:

The first ones trippy! But nice fish!

Cold front, cut bank! It all adds up to a rough year for me. I fished in the same area as you guys and many time. I got skunked for any major biggies!

LFC, thanks for tips, Kyle, nice boat!

Shacker!

Just remember what you learned from this year. The best part about cattin is the monkey rarely follows us through the winter season. And next year will be here before we know it. I'd be willing to put some coin that you'll bag some nice one's next season. wink.gif

You got the right attitude and thats what pulls us through the tough times.