• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Belle Plaine Cat League

I heard Ryan caught a 40x24 as well, which should be close to 30lbs. Larry caught 2 in the twenties.

It was a good night.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Papa Grump

• DTro

• Larry FlatCaster

• hanson

Some nice channels were brought in as well. River Rat had one in the 14 pound class( cell phone was going dead so I didn't get dimensions).I never expected this good of a night of fishing with a storm system passing through the night before, plus a full moon to boot.

River Rats was 33x18, 14.1 lbs, I'll let him post a pic if he wants (first I have to email them to him). I got a smaller channel, 25x12. We also ended up with a flathead that was 35x20.5 (almost 20 lbs, not quite scale-worthy) and another that was 33x19 (mid mid-teens probably). It was a great night! Thanks, River Rat. Good times, to be sure. We'll do it again sometime.

Jerry,

Do you have the dimensions on my three fish on Friday??

Thanks,

Wastewater

Here's another picture of Jerry's flat.....

IMG_2546.jpg

And here was my big one of the night at 26 by 13.....

IMG_2544.jpg

And hopefully this one is in the running for the boobee prize at 19 by 10. I could almost get two fingers in the mouth side by side but it would have been tight so I just went with the one for the picture.........

IMG_2542.jpg

Hi John,

Thanks for a great night on the river, and also for posting another picture of my flathead. Your picture is better than the ones on my camera.

I'm sorry it took so long to respond to your post. I had written the measurements on a scrap of paper and ended up placing it in a book as a bookmark. It took me a while to find it. Unfortunately, I only recorded the measurements on two of your flatheads: 19 X 10 and 26 X 13.

Thanks again for a really fun night. I'll never forget both of us having really big fish on at the same time.

Results from the 27th:

Flats had Tom with a 70 pt fish

Ryan finally cracks the money list with a 64 pt flatty

Channels was River Rat Andy kicking the monkey out of his boat with a 51 pt , followed closely by Hanson with a 46 pointer.

Top 5 in flats :

Kyle and Tom at 149

WWG at 145

Brian A with 138

Jimmy D 131

Channels:

Papa G at 102

Dean and Jimmy D at 88

LFC at 87

Aaron with 52

WWG takes over the booby prize lead in flats with a 29 point effort, while Aaron has a firm grasp on the channels with 14

huh.....still don't see my name mad.gif

Hanson got me by one stinkin girth inch this last week.

Oh well, still a great time.

Quote:

Results from the 27th:

Top 5 in flats :

Kyle and Tom at 149

WWG at 145

Jimmy D with 131

LFC at 106

Brian,

I had 83 points after week 2, plus a 35x20.5 (55.5 points) on week 3. That should put me at 138 or 139 depending on rounding rules. By the way, what are the rounding rules? Nearest inch? Thanks.

You are so correct on that . I updated the standings AGAIN. Stupid program that I created has been ditched for something better smirk.gif. I had it set up to throw out one night and it tossed yours, plus a couple others , but they where further down the standings. Maybe I should send it to you first for clarification tongue.gif

Quote:

huh.....still don't see my name

Poor Dtro, perhaps if you didn't pound those spots so hard the night before they might be there the next day.

Should I include turtles for you for now on in the standings? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Hanson got me by one stinkin girth inch this last week.

Sooooo glad we added the girth measurement to the point calculation!! grin.gif

Anybody got room for an additional rider in the next couple weeks? Eddie if you're reading this I sent you an email.....

Would love to see how its done and get in on the action. Also would make a great story for freelance writing.

Friday nights are decent the 17th and 24th for me, coming down from Duluth, can meet you wherever whenever.

Where's the trash talking for tonight.

Here's my prediction......

Dtro wins the turtle division.

Dennis gets the RP stuck on a sandbar.

Larry gets washed onto shore by a barge.

I lose my prop on a log.

Hanson has a flashback from the Red river and catches a 23 pound channel.

And eighteen 40 pound flats are tied for first place!!

grin.gif

A Flashback from the Red would be cool!

I really don't know what to expect, haven't been on the MN River down here in 1 1/2 weeks. Between moving, unpacking, and taking a 4 day trip to the channel cat mecca of the world, it hasn't left much time to play with our small fish down here.

Supposed to be a warm front pushing in maybe late tonight, early tomorrow... could be interesting. grin.gif

I'll put money on Larry get washed onto shore by a barge. LOL!

Quote:

I'll put money on Larry get washed onto shore by a barge. LOL!

Just remember life is full of close calls. (Just because you two got your Panties in a bundle when that barge passed 5ft in front of us and ground groaned its way down the swing bridge.

grin.gif)

Good luck out there tonight Mates.

Hanson, better keep close tabs on Shamu.... He is due for a big one soon.

Well all be keeping it posted tonight.

LFC

PapaGrump did mention to the rest of you that a $50 bounus for the biggest turtle tonight................didn't he???

Quote:

PapaGrump did mention to the rest of you that a $50 bounus for the biggest turtle tonight................didn't he???

Ya sure, and 25 bucks to biggest gar as well. You'll do anything to win something won't you?

As predicted, I'm pretty sure I won the turtle division.

VERY slow night for us. One dink channel for me, Ryan missed a few. I had one really good run on a huge sucker.....swing and a miss. As I was packing up and getting ready to go, my rod got hit and pulled in a channel that was??????? how big was it.....

Results to PapaGrump, I don't want to be beat by an inch again. grin.gif

slow for us also..... No barges either.

The only real excitment was when we went by the swing bridge. I see a guy in a boat with his hand in the air. So we alter coarse and get up close he hollers look up at the top of the bridge. Here is his boat mate. Climbed up the bridge and is standing at the very top of it. shocked.gif

Needless to say I didnt want to stick around there to long.

Last note. One 8lb channel pulled in at 2:00am while I'm talking to shamu on the phone. Go figure.....

This was a tough nite.

Good fishing with you Aandrude Glad we got out.

thanks

LFC

It was slow for Eddy and me. Finally, at 12:55 I got a flat at 27 X 15 on a bullhead. That was cutting it close, especially as it wrapped around a snag. Eddy was getting some runs on frogs, but they did not seem to want to hang on.

We launched from Henderson as did another BPCL party. They each got large flats; I'm betting first and second place for the night. But, I'll let them tell their own story.

I think last night was the 2nd night of my entire summer of fishing where we didn't put 1 fish in the boat - channel or flat.

Not to say we didn't have a couple of opportunities, and you have to make the most of them when they happen.

Opp #1- 5/0 Gama Circle, big cut sucker, inches from front edge of snag. Tap, tap, tap, slow pull down to the water, tap, thump, tap, really good tug back so I leaned into him with the circle. Fish on! Fish swims towards boat, feel line tangling in wood, feel sinker banging against "stuff", fish feels good, hook pops out! That was an exciting 5 seconds! blush.gif

Opp #2 - Same deal as first. Bait appeared to be hung in the snag and the fish couldn't get it out. Felt him working down there but never a good chance to set the hook. Fish swam away.

Opp #3 - Screaming dragster run on a bullhead while talking to Dtro on the phone. That'll get the adrenaline going. Let him run, felt the fish, gave her the onion, nothing! Reeled in and I was missing my hook. Appeared to be knot failure. Whoops!

Pretty bad when you have to discuss your opportunities to catch fish.

Quote:

slow for us also..... No barges either.

The only real excitment was when we went by the swing bridge. I see a guy in a boat with his hand in the air. So we alter coarse and get up close he hollers look up at the top of the bridge. Here is his boat mate. Climbed up the bridge and is standing at the very top of it.
shocked.gif

Needless to say I didnt want to stick around there to long.

Last note. One 8lb channel pulled in at 2:00am while I'm talking to shamu on the phone. Go figure.....

This was a tough nite.

thanks

LFC

In case you were wondering, he was sober and did get down safe. He also won 10 bucks out of my pocket. What I learned is never bet a ironworker to climb anything!

Quote:

slow for us also.....

thanks

LFC

You know, I've been thinking a bit and I'm almost glad we had such a slow night! Makes me feel less incompetent (I get skunked quite a bit by myself) if the same thing happens when I'm out with a pro who can almost pay the mortgage with all of his cat tourny winnings! smile.gif

I'm glad Shamu called you at 2 a.m. Otherwise we probably would have been reeling up and heading out. I loved how the fish had to signal to us that he was on there by knocking over your rod 3-4 times smile.gif