• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Drop away rest experiences

Cooter

Howdy all, just would like your input on drop away rests you've used and which ones you like, the ones you don't and why you like/dislike them. Since I'm an (Contact Us Please) I currently shoot the (Contact Us Please)-proof WB. Anything with moving parts involved usually is a bad choice for me! Thanks, later.

I just purchased a Rip Cord fall away arrow rest. I have no expierence with any of them, but have heard good things. I hope it was a wise choice as they dont give them away.

I also put a new pendelum sight on for this next year. I was going to purchase a new bow this year but I figured I needed a new boat worse.

Cooter:

I went with the QAD LD on my Switchy...I started a thread on it a few months ago...you could do a search. Its very similar to the Ripcord rest. I have had no problems with mine...its worth a look.

I am also interested in the NEW Trophy Taker XTreme. I have only heard good things about the original Trophy Takers...and the new XTreme model looks awesome. It has a new metal arrow guard...its hard to explain..but just do a search on the web and you will see what I am talking about.

Cliffy.

I shoot a trophy taker.. love it... easy to tune, and have had 1000's of shots through it and never once had a problem with it.

The schaffer drop away is very good. It's a bit expensive but it's worth every penny.

I am shooting the drop zone from Trophy ridge and i really like it. it is a little expensive but i dont have any complaints at all with the performence.

I've shot a couple different Trophy Takers and now shoot an AP Safari Twister. I love it. It's a completely enclosed rest in which your arrow absolutely can NOT fall off the rest- impossible. I found the Trophy Takers easy to set up and tune and the Safari Twister is roughly equal in that department. Cooter, I'd suggest you get one (I have first or second hand experience with all those rests already mentioned and I think they're all quite good)- the drop away rests beat the heck outta the alternatives (IMO).

Harvey, new boat? What did ya get?

No boat yet, still looking and pricing whats all out there. I recieved the ok from the CEO to go with it. Now, I just have to seal the deal. Hopefully very soon, but who knows.

Harvey, maybe your CEO can talk to may CEO about me buying a new bow? Because ya know... I REEEEAAALLLY want one! grin.gif

Good luck in the boat shopping. E-mail me what you're looking for and I can keep my eyes open for you if you'd like.

You can't go wrong with the ripcord. Bought one this winter and have loved it.

I have the itch for a new bow also but like you guys other things take priority over a new one.

I have a Muzzy Zero effect looks weird but I love it and would recommend it to anyone...

Scoot, I had to cut some other deals for the CEO to go along with this purchase. I dont know if you want to go to that extent to get the o.k.

Sadly, HL, I hear ya. I've likely cut some similar deals in the past as well. I suppose we've all cut those sort of deals before though! smirk.gifcrazy.gifwink.gif