• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Huge trout updated with pics

a couple of friends and i did our annual big trout adventure. We usually don't catch many and again we didn't in fact we only caught one. SHE was HUGE. She went 5 pounds even and measured 23 1/4 roughly. pictures will be up as soon as we get them. i just couldn't wait to tell all of you. Now wouldn't you all love to know where that is grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

old standby white power grub. in the past mimmic minnows have treated us to some 3-4 pounders. But power grub always produces

ike

That's an awesome fish for the early barbless season, or any season for that matter. I hope to tie into something big for opener on Saturday.

Awesome fish Ikey,

Lets see some pics of that hog. Rugby, take notes. I want one like that on opener as well.

finally got pics for you all. the guy in the picture is mike stelzner he runs a small duck call making business in zumbrota called C&S custom calls. You may have seen him around at different venues he is quite the outdoorsman

trout.jpg

trout3.jpg

no, i think his name is Mike grin.gifgrin.gif

great looking fish ike. hey, mike and ike cool.gif

I doubt it was caught in SE MN...there's no big browns around...might as well hit Iowa waters for Trout this year.lol

Clancy's article was interesting in the Thursday PB. He said that he was using husky jerk for trout in non-designated trout streams, and I was wondering how you would convince the game warden that you weren't fishing for bass, sauger, or other game fish???

Quote:

Clancy's article was interesting in the Thursday PB. He said that he was using husky jerk for trout in non-designated trout streams, and I was wondering how you would convince the game warden that you weren't fishing for bass, sauger, or other game fish???

I'd think they'd know there were trout in there and would understand that he was after some of the big'uns.

I thought the article was a good one, and it highlights some of the resource that many might not have known was out there...whether most people will like that or not is up in the air. wink.gif

it is funny that all of you have brought up some interesting things

Yes one of my fishing and hunting buddies is mike so that makes us mike and ike

Secondly that fish was caught in SE mn and it was on a non designated trout stream. I had a xrap tied on when we were actually checked by the warden. He knew what we were up to. Although we never discussed species he knew were weren't after suckers. Lastly my biggest trout have come out of non designated trout streams and a friend of mine is a pro at going for the big ones. he has caught 1 dozen fish over 5 pounds in his career all from se mn. His favorite lure is a number 9 yes 9 Floating jointed rapala. WOW iknow. So get out there and get away from the crowds. i have many stories of guys catching big fish but they were off the beaten path and they were not afraid to walk Miles to get to these spots. good luck on Saturday to all. Don't forget to bring you tape measures and your cameras so that you can let the big one go and just get a replica mount made. ike

Quote:

Don't forget to bring you tape measures and your cameras so that you can let the big one go and just get a replica mount made. ike

HEY! I was once told by a wise man...

"The easiest way to catch a trout over 20" is not to measure it."

kidding

grin.gif