• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

USA Bassin Minnesota Division

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to fish the USA Bassin tournament trail. This is the first year we have run a division in the state of Minnesota and are looking forward to a fun and exciting year. If you're interested please feel free to contact me at the email address on my aviator or do a google search for USA Bassin and check out the Minnesota Division. Good luck in all of your fishing adventures.

Mike why dont you list the tounament sched for people to see.

Good lookin out Deitz. Here is that schedule:

6-6 Big Marine

6-23 Le Homme Dieu

7-11 Green (Chisago)

7-28 Gull

8-8 Forest

Any questions I can also be reached at 612-208-5412.

Hey, I finally got logged in. Great information in here. Look forward to doing some chatting and browsing. I am also the assistant director for the USA Bassin League and hope we can capture some interest for this year. We want to keep our tournament format first and formost fun and informational. Please give Mike or I a call to get more information.

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota Fishalot31... Check out the bass page and fill free to add in all the inforamtion you can... wink.gif

Welcome CB cool.gif

Is this considered a weekend or a weeknight series? I know that the cost differs between the two.

Dano- From the information I recieved(I'll be fishing this series) Even though 3 of the tournaments are week nights, it will be fished as weekend events.. Same money and points awarded as a weekend tournament...

Please correct me if I am wrong Bullwinkle?

Deitz is correct on this. Due to how the points system is setup through USA Bassin, we could not split weekday and weekend events into two different point categories, so we opted for the weekend scoring format. If we went with the weekday scoring format we would have had to have at least 10 tournaments this year to accumulate enough points for the national tourney. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Chad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bullwink- I sent you an e-mail.. hope you got it.

bullwinkle, why is the limit set at 15 boats, just to avoid the permits?

Bobby,

The permit issue was the biggest thing that held us back. With this being our first year putting on the trail here in Minnesota we ran into some confusion with the DNR permits. Initailly I had understood that you didn't need to pull a DNR permit as long as your tournament had under 30 participants which I mistakenly understood to be 30 boats participating. After clarification was brought to my attention, the intial permit date had passed and I couldn't draw DNR permits for all lakes scheduled. We have secured water use permits from all counties though so we are good to go from that standpoint. So this year we are getting some interest in the circuit and next year we plan on using all the angler input and expanding. We are already making preperations for next year and we promise to expand the field. I am looking forward to a fun and exciting year on the water.

Alright... good luck next year. I think an individual permit will cost you around $120-400. Ouch. I think tournament bass fishing as we know it, will be ending soon or atleast tournaments that are approved by the DNR.

• 3 weeks later...

The June 23rd event scheduled for the Le Homme Dieu Chain has been changed. We will now be fishing North/South Center barring any unforeseen setbacks.

Man i was going to be upthere that weekend, i was hopin i could of met some of ya.

Sorry! I would have liked to do Le Homme Dieu also but unfortunately there were a few circumstances that prevented it from happening. Maybe next year.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know anyone willing to take on a 1st timmer ? I would love to start fishing more tournaments but have no boat frown.gif I did a walleye tournament and got 4th but want to fish alot more then 1 laugh.gif. If anyone is willing I am ready to try my hardest to fish more.

• 2 weeks later...

It was fun fishing with you guys out on Rush this past weekend!! Thanks for putting this event on!!