• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

earth day comming up

with earthday comming up, i have made the plan to hit my favorite local trout river with no rods, only trash bags and perhaps a fly box. i try to pick up large tangles of discarded line, but this year i would like to try and get all the trash. does anyone else do this earth day or other.

i always have had the intentions, but now i will put them to action. cool.gif

i realize it is still two weeks away, but as shore anglers, we see the trash, and it is other shore anglers that put it there. sure, some may float to shore from boats. when i lived alone, i realized that i don't mind my own mess, but can't stand when someone else leaves stuff behind. cool.gif

I dont wait for earth day. Every day I am out weather I am shore fishing, in the boat, or on ice, I pick up any garbage I see. Just because someone else put it there doesn't mean it has to stay there. It drives me nuts seeing garbage where I fish.

• 1 year later...

Im thinking of going down to the capital and breaking a few of the new compact florescent light bulbs in the rotunda and see how long it takes a hazmat team to get there. if none show up maybe I'll buy a few for the house.

Hey California good idea. I bet most of us clean-up when we see junk but if were wading can only carry so much, especially if we plan on fishing! Good to set aside a day or 2 to just clean up.

I plan to go out on Earth Day around the MN River to pick up trash all day. No fishing or nothing...just trash.