• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We go up to Boulder every year for opener. Just wondering what the water level is like this year? I'm assuming low just like the past several years.

Everything is LOW in this area. Its been a while since seeing the St.Louis quite as low as it is now. Time will tell what run off we get. We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow through Wed.

i know it is getting old and everything, but i say bring on all the snow we can get!! I may be sick of cold weather and snow, but i'm waaaayyy more sick of low water levels!!

Pray for rain. I think 1 foot of snow = 1 inch of rain. Correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah your right....but i thought snow was better....i don't really remember why...maybe something to do with the melting process filters the runoff???? Anyone have any knowlege for this one???

I don't know about that, snow can be pretty dirty. I used snowballs a few times this winter to keep my minnows fresh...it made the water in my bucket very cloudy and dirty, much to my surprise. I'll stick with the ice or slush from the lake.

yeah, i really don't know much about this, i prolly shouldn't have opend my mouth..:)

This time of year, because the ground cover is still dormant, slow melting snow puts less silt and other things into our lakes, rivers, and streams. Heavy rains this time of year wash all of the road salt, sand and other yuck right into drains and ditches that flow you know where.