• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
huntfish44

DNR Stripping Walleye Eggs

huntfish44

Anyone know if the DNR are stripping the walleye eggs at the DNR headquarters yet. I know its pretty early yet with most lakes still having quite a bit of ice but just wondering so I could come up and watch for awhile. Pretty interesting stuff watching them handle all those walleyes!!

shae1986

Deadhead will let us know and probably tack a thread at the top telling us when they start.

DEADhead

water temps are still too cold.

I'll post when an update when they're getting ready to go.

DEADhead

They started putting the posts in for the spawning platform this morning. They should have everything setup by the end of tomorrow. All we can do now is sit back and wait for the water temps to rise....

Dahitman44

Dead --

Ahhh ... You know the drill.

mmmmmm ... females. grin.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

DEADhead

Looks like maybe Tuesday they will be stripping eggs. I'll find out on Monday if they'll be setting the leads out Monday night.

shae1986

Deadhead, do you know what the water temp is out there, or at least what it was on friday?

DEADhead

shae, I didn't catch the water temp. There was a report of one walleye in the riffle on Thursday night.

BTW, happy birthday

DLoutdoors

Hey all, where is the headquarters located that they do the stripping at? That might be neat to see!

New to the site and the area and hope to meet some of you out on the water.

shae1986

Welcome too FM. The site is at the fisheries department located on Sallie Lakes. Go out on highway 59 from DL until you get too the BP, take a right, i believe its highway six, down the road a few miles you will see a brown sign that says where the department is. Just down the road there. Its real cool to see. I will probably miss it this year due to school, but definitly worth your time to see.

Deadhead will have more direct directions for you!! wink.gif

Good Luck

A. Shae

Haug Hunter

from DL go south on hwy. 59, take a right at co. hwy. 6 and go west about 1/2 mile. take a left on co. hwy. 19 and you'll run right into it. Also, we were down there yesterday and saw a couple nice northerns in there.

DLoutdoors

Sweet, I will have to stop by and take a look. I saw the hatchery between richville and ottertail must be getting ready to get to work too because there were guys pulling in there today. Do you just walk down and look at the water, or will nets be out or??? I dont' know anything about this, and am looking for things to do just to get out of the house:

DEADhead

when you get down to the Area Office, please stay to the left and park at the County parking lot. There is a picnic shelter there (it is behind the hatchery and shop areas). Walk down to the bridge at Dunton Locks. The Walleye spawning platform is setup at the outh of the river and all the nets are set up. You'll be able to watch the operation from the bridge or on the other side of riffle.

Be there by 830 am, that's usually when they start.