• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Todays Fishing Media Personalities

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Questor

• LoonASea

• Harmonica Bear

• icehousebob

I am bragging here, (in case you couln't tell) But I have had the opportunity to fish w/ Big Al Lindner. THose times have been great. Getting dropped off at grandpa's dock by Al, you can't beat that. We get to see him a few times a year on our lake, mostly weekday stuff. He told me more than once that he knows the next state record smallmouth is in our lake. And I can't disagree w/ him at all, some awesome football bass in there. THe only thing we can do when he is on the water w/ us is shut up and keep your eyes and ears alert, and absorb everything that you can. So #1 freshwater for me is AL LINDNER, and #1 saltwater would be Jose Wajebe, the Spanish Fly.

Roland Martin for bass fishing and a history on bass fishing. Kent Hrbeck for a drifting, lazy day of story telling on the water. Could not pay me to be with Babe, met him and afterwards my mother in law looked good.

Top of the list

1. Dahlberg-the fish he goes after are in a word, insane

2. Charlie Moore- he'd keep it fun and competitive

3. Al Lindner-obvious reasons

4. Bro/Genz-those two are ice geniuses

Bottom of the list

1. Ron Lindner-I despise this dude, he seems grumpy

2. Babe-I can't stand his coffee cup

3. Gillespie-I would go deaf

4. That gal from Whatta Catch- I would toss myself overboard listening to that hippie.

I'm going to go with Pete Mania, Jim Saric,Doug Stange, or any of the Linders. I'm a little partial to the muskie guys.

Chip Leer and any of the guys at Fishin' the Wildside. Also any of the Linders.

Not John G. I like Johnsonvilles and all, but having him holler at me "Hows the Johnsonvilles?" would be very annoying all day!!!!

JOHNS MAKING JOHNSONVILLE BRATS!!!!! One thing about John is that he loves fishing!! And he loves getting kids involved in fishin also, everyone should show at least have half of his enthusiasm towards fishin. He aint my favorite but he loves what he is doin and I would be doin backflips every show if I had a show!!! I would have to go with Al Linder, I think the way he presents his show is great, a guy can learn a lot every episode.

Wow 4 pages does'nt anyone have a Honey To Do list? watchin TV every weekend.Ya all must have everything done for opener.

For information regarding fishing tactics and the opportunity to retain a wealth of knowledge, I would hands down say Al or any of the Lindner boys.

For scenery however, I might have to vote for a day trip with Shelley and Courtney. grin.gifgrin.gif

CA

Are the gals from Fish On! still on TV. Most certainly they'd be my first choice. Wow... I have to get back to work.

Tony Dean and Hrbek would be a good trip fishing and bird hunting.

For me it would be Doug Stange of In-Fisherman. When I read his articles I see how hard he tries to make it easier for the regular "Joe" to catch more fish. He explains himself very well and I look forward to every article he writes! Plus I don't ever get the feeling that he is just trying to pitch the sales to me. Al Lindner of course is great and I would welcome an evening on the lake with him anytime.

Al Lindner hands down. I'd love to get him on some water near me and show how he'd fish the lake for that time of year and how he'd target them. I think the learning experience would be invaluable. I had the opportunity to briefly meet Al and he was nothing but accomodating. Super guy.

Quote:

Could not pay me to be with Babe, met him and afterwards my mother in law looked good.

Now that is funny!!!

Bill Dance for a good laugh and a fun day (not really a bass guy either.)

The Linder's or Ted Takasaki for the knowledge.

Is there some objective reason that Babe Winkelman is very unpopular? I don't know much about him except that he had a fishing show once.

Harmonica Bear,I have to agree on the ladies from 'Fish On'. I was watching one show that showed their dedication to fishing. While one young woman was fighting a fish, she yelled that she needed help. The token guy on the show rushed over and then called one of the other women over. The girl fighting the fish had her bikini bottom come untied and she refused to stop fighting the fish to retie it. Total dedication. Tara, Dedre, and Michelle were great fisherpersons. grin.gif

Babe is low on my list even tho he has a good program on TV,, but watching his show I have the option to turn it off or change the channel,,,being in a boat with him doesnt give me that option ,,his off camera personality tends to rub people the wrong way ,,thats just my view of Babe for what its worth

Randoid

Pete Maina or Joe Bucher, maybe I could finally get that 50"+ I keep seeing but never hooking. Last guy, Bob Mehsikomer, too bossy, too impatient. By the way, found a link to a Bill Dance bloopers video. It might be fun fishing with him but don't let him near your gear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llshJAPKDG4

In no particular order: KVD, Denny Brauer, Rick Clunn and Shaw Grigsby - can you tell what fish species dominates my time? Add Hank Parker for the same reasons other guys put Hrbeck on their lists - great stories, fun guy but this guy can really fish....

Bill Dance gets irritating and I'm not sure he can catch'em unless he is on his secret pond anymore. Jimmy Houston hasn't said anything new in 20 years.

Absolute bottom: Roland Martin (too much product but no denying greatness), Jon G. (just plain irritating), Babe (rubs me the wrong way for some reason)and Bob Jenson (if he says Jeepers one more time....)

Daze Off

Definatly the Linder boys or Dan Sura.I wouldnt mind goin with R.D. The "rugged dude".At the bottom of the list is gillespie.

It would have to be Cindy from "getting wild with Cindy".

I'd love to jump in..........well, you know!........THE BOAT!!!!

Git yer mind out of the gutter.....

laugh.gif

Tony Dean; as far as a media personalties I don't think there is a man who has spent as much time and effort trying to give back to that has done as much for him and others. Others should take a page out of his book and spend less time pimping the outdoors and give back (myself included). There are more accomplished fishing personalities out there but no better "fisherman/outdoorsman". Out of respect it would have to be him.

Al linder was alot more fun when he was drinking. Dont care for his bible pushing now. I would rather have johnsonvilles pushed on me instead of religion.

Strange that Larry Dahlberg isn't mentioned much here. He's got the most interesting broad view of angling of any fishing media personality I can think of.

I can't understand the fascination with the Lindners except that they were very successful at marketing fishing. Gotta respect that.

Come to think of it, I'd like to fish with Dan Gapen.

i can't believe i'm only the second guy to say Hank Parker. he seems like the most geniune guy on tv. a tie for second would be Al and Bob Izumi.

last would be babe,bill dance, or the guy from rod-d-reel. old show, always downrigging on the great lakes. made for boring tv cool.gif

Number one and two Courtney and Shelly. And what about Butch Furtman, as long as were catching fish his voice shouldnt put me to sleep. And the guy from the Fishin Hole.

Also Im surprised Mr Peterson from Northland Fishing Tackle doesnt have his own show. Maybe It could be an infomercial like Midwest outdoors.