• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi Ho Silva and a Cuddyer Brain Fart !

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Now that's the kind of banter we like LOTW!

Keep it up. And don't worry, Windy will still be around even at the end of the season when his WSox are in 4th and my Cubbies lead their div. Nyuk, nyuk.

My Cards are ready to take it on the chin against your Cubs in the regular season again if it means a post season entry Geno o'l boy. I just hope we win Marquis's starts you can have the rest grin.gif

Tim,

Without Carpenter (how long on the DL will he be?), I think your Cards have 3 chances - slim, fat, and none.

And Marquis? He only gave up 3 in the top of the first his last start, then settled down.

Now, if the Cubbie offense ever gets going.....

Quote:

Tim,

Without Carpenter (how long on the DL will he be?), I think your Cards have 3 chances - slim, fat, and none.

Geno

That's exactly what the prognosticators said when they made it to the post season last year blush.gifwink.gif

As far as Carp goes he had the injection so well wait and see, the ligament and the spurs were never an issue in the past other than missing a start, it may have just been a flare up. At least that is what were hoping.

"Geno

That's exactly what the prognosticators said when they made it to the post season last year"

Tim

Don't make us copy-paste your official jumping off of the Cardinal bandwagon at 75mph last AUG-SEP. grin.gif

And I think Carp will pitch soon. He's as tough as they come.

Spinner,

That threat to Tim made me laugh, but I must say he is no bandwagon guy with his Cards. He might have been throwing in the towel a little early though-especially when they had such a rough time with my last-place Cubbies (but I don't recall exactly).

Geno

Oh I know Tim is a longtime Card fan, but I am confident he won't deny he gave up on them way early last year. I even tried to talk him out of it but he was insistent it was time to go cheer for some football team in Ohio. BTW, how'd that work out for ya Tim? grin.gif

Spinner - You must be referring to that college football team in Ohio grin.gif

Yes Spinner your absolutely right on, but when you get your butt handed to you by the Cubs and everybody else the last 3 weeks of the season and squeak in the division title there was plenty of cause for concern. Who would have thought it, it still doesn't seem real yet.. In 2004 when they had a 105 wins or whatever and went to the world series and were thumped by the Red Sox I couldn't believe that they couldn't even win one game. So in my world the only two teams I follow with my heart are my redbirds and the Browns and yes I think this is the year that the Browns turn it around. It's a shame I won't be able to make the trip to Clevelend this year but i'm happy i qualified for the 2007 NAIFC in Minnesota and am saving for it as we speak.

I missed you guys and am looking forward to another season on the diamond, still playing slow-pitch myself on Tuesdays and will be in my 2nd year as an ASA umpire which I enjoy.

The Mets if they ever get any pitching are going to be tough this season and the early showing thus far is looking like the Atlanta Braves will be back. Our division with the exception of the Astros and Pirates will come down to the wire yet again.

A little early to be calling out folks for jumping on or off of any bandwagon. Been on the Twins' "wagon" since 1961 myself, except for a time following the latest strike when I wouldn't give any team the time of day. There are always going to be the good streaks where the boys can do no wrong and you're beating your chest. Or the other side, like the first two games of the Skankee series so horrible to endure and of course you're gonna express some frustration.

Take tonight: if I say I'm pumped because Silva looks like he's back, someone is either going to go out of his way to "prove" me wrong or accuse me of "jumping on." Then, if I'm fuming because Rincon maybe should have taken another day to be with the family, then and folks accuse me of jumping "off." Sorry, the Twinkies are my guys, come what may.

(A 9-4-2-6 DP... Got that one on your 'Twingo' card?... And the Lumberjack with a walk-off HR... How come only 150 of these Twins games are televised? smirk.gif )

"Spinner - You must be referring to that college football team in Ohio "

You know Tim, I wasn't. But now that you mention it, I do wonder how many points the Buckeyes would have been favored by if they played the Browns last year?

And Schweady, the bandwagon jumping talk has to do with some threads last year. For some reason, when the Cards lost like twenty games in a row in September, Tim actually assumed they wouldn't win the World Series. Imagine that?

And back on topic. I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed for Silva. If somebody would have told me he and Ortiz would start out this solid I would have laughed at them. What's Silva's ERA now? smile.gif

Silva's ERA is at 0.77 right now.

I figure he's earned at least a couple more starts before he gets run out of town...

Im giving Silva the respect that he has earned, I can honestly say I have jumped on the Silva wagon! For now! grin.gif

When that sinker ball is working, Silva's tough and can eat a lot of innings. When it isn't it can be tough to watch. But who knows? Maybe this is one of his "up" seasons. That's why we watch. If we knew ahead of time how each game and season would come out, what would be the point? I had an itty-bitty Twins T-shirt when I was in my high chair back in '61. Still a fan today. laugh.gif

He is making Gardy look like a pretty smart manager...Well we already knew that. Looks like there are other baseball players that can have brain farts after yesterdays running double play mistake. No comment from Windy?

Bobby B,

No comment on the baserunning gaf since my team was not involved...but as long as you are looking for one, how about the INSIDE THE PARK DINGER tonight??? Yo goes down...just one win short of a record...TOO BAD!

TWINKS LOSE, SOX WIN and CUBS LOSE...what a great Friday the 13th!

Windy

Bobby B,

Cancel that last post, my beloved take one in the pipe, Twinks and Cubbies roll large!!! Baseball SUX, LOL!

Windy