• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trolling motor transducer

mervthefishingwonder

Question

Can I put a transducer on my trolling motor? I bought an Eagle Cuda 240, and have a minn kota 55 LB trolling motor. I bought the bracket that was reccommended for this specific setup. Only problem is, the skeg on my trolling motor is on the forward part of the motor. The pictures for installation all have the skeg on the trolling motor aft. Then your supposed to install the transducer foward of the skeg, then the skeg and then the prop. Can I put the transducer in between the prop and skeg, or will the prop wash affect the picture clarity and depth personification? Any help would be great!

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I have a very similar set up only I have a 65lb bow mount with the transducer mounted between the skeg and the prop and have had no problems at all. all I can say is pay close attention to where you want to secure your trans cable on the motor shaft so when your pulling it in and out of the water its not getting bound up or in the way... good luck and I hope this helps..

Tom from Blaine

I had a similar setup on a Minnkota with a Lowrance unit. I used the high speed transducer, attaching it between the front skag and the vertical shaft. It worked great.

Thanks for the help! The season for black bass doesnt start for another couple of weeks but I'll keep the forum updated. Can't wait for the world record smallie calling my name (or is that my wife)......