• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What Brought you here?

Bobby Bass

How did you first find this site? I had a friend tell me about it when I was looking for information about the Rainy River. Has become my go to site everyday as it covers all of my outdoor interests and everything else. Where else can you find out about dogs, steel head, movies, Bass and cooking. A complete site and the best out there..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobb-o

• Mark Christianson

• lawdog

• Random guy

I did a google search for information on Mille Lacs Ice fishing resorts that rented Ice Houses and here is where i ended up. Great Place to end up wouldn't you say?

I was looking for ice reports around Detroit Lakes. been hooked ever since.

I did a Yahoo search for Minnesota fishing reports and this was one of the links that came up.

Spent 2 weeks anonymously browsing until joining up.

I stumbled upon it in a google search looking for something or other. It was so long ago I forgot what I was looking for. But the funny thing was I didn't join for a year or two. Then I kept coming back and finding more and more information so eventually I said I need to get in on this. It's pretty much my top non-email site. I've seen the other sites, but this one is the best looking with the most members and information. I don't always like the politics of the site and the businesses, but I'm as guilty of those sins as anyone here. FM is like the good ol' U.S. of A, she ain't perfect but she's pretty darn good.

Since finding the site I've sent a lot of friends to it. I won't ever post as much as some people, but when I do I hope I help a friend or two. Besides, I would have even worse school grades if I was on here any more than I already am. Not to mention less time on the water tongue.gif

I was doing a search for info on Lake of the Woods and this site popped up. Been a daily stop for me ever since.

A couple years after moving up north I was looking for info on the area, just read posts for a year or so and then decided it would be more beneficial to join in and post, now i've got over 1600 of em!

heard some people talking aboot it on the old DNR forums figured i would take a look and never left.

BigLakeBass turned me onto this joint. Bobb-o I met BLB on the old DNR forums...

I was looking for a resort on LOTW a few years back, and here I am.

My father-in-law told me about it. I have learned alot since joining, someone seems to always have an answer.

my wife and i are planning on moving to lanesboro in 2011 so i thought i'd check on the fishing in that area. i found this site. i wasn't going to register since i'm here on the west coast, but figured 'what the heck'. it is my first stop once i turn on the computer. i keep telling myself i'm gonna back off a little, but i always find something to reply to cool.gif

I did a msn search for fishing reports in mn, i have joined a while back, but never posted lost my password, got a new one and here I am. Im on here almost daily, wife used to complain of the fact either I was on the computer on this darn fishing site, or was talking on the phone about fishing, or I was fishing. She got over it!

I really dont remember. Nobody told me about it so probably google... Four years and two screen names later Im still checking the site out regularly

I was looking for info on muskie fishing LOTW on Google, found this site, and now I am on here nearly every day.

Lots of good info!

John

My son told me about the site. It was one of the first sites I started messin with when I first learned how to use the computer.

You can learn alot on this site, get some good, up to date information and practice your writing skills! Even make new friends! I'm glad I'm involved.

A buddy of mine told me about it and I haven't looked back since.

Thanks Meat-Run! Now I really don't get anything done at work.

I find out that most of my conversations lately start with these words... "On fishing minnesota today, there was a discussion about..."

My wife thinks I'm addicted! I think she's right grin.gif

I keep telling her that there are a lot worse addictions out there that a guy could have. I never get an arguement from that one.

CA

My father in law told me about it a while ago...

They call him the DIRTBALL... The DIRTBALL2 to be exact. grin.gif

I stumbled upon this site a couple of years ago,and it has helped to worsen my addiction to fishing.Now when im not fishing or buying fishing equipment,I can write about fishing and buying fishing equipment.A very good resource to have around.AAAAAAAHHHHHH I feel better already grin.gif

My lucky stars. I believe I googled something and I found the best website online. smile.gif

I honestly have no idea......It might have been looking for fishing reports, but I have absolutely no idea. My wife wishes I wasn't on here so much..........

Maximum12 told me about the site and I've been looking at it daily ever since!

I'm with delmuts. My memory doesn't go back 7 years, but I'm sure it was to chat about fishing. grin.gif

The moderators and administrators kept bugging me to join. They were looking for a well read, handsome type to personify FM. After a financial agreement was reached, I acquiesced. It is a lot of work but the new boat I get every year from the site makes it worthwhile. grin.gif

A former co-worker showed me this site ,,,I was a lurker for a few weeks then took the plunge ...I get soo much fishing info here my mouse smells like fish

Randoid

I started right before my first trip to the Rainy. There was a post with pics about how to launch your boat over shore ice. My buddie emailed it to me saying "This will be your boat". It wasn't my boat, but it is my favorite website!

I heard about it when they were toppeling the DNR web site. I remember CHeviot, Law Dog, BLB, Bobb O, and Maximum 12 from there as well. Also some others on here that have changed their names to protect the innocent. Wonder what ever happend to Bonassa and John from the DNR site... I N Joyed that site a lot as well but with no moderators it eventually got shut down. Oh well, after 30 months I have now grown accustomed to this site, and come here at least a whole bunch of times a day. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

That was quite fun on the DNR forums. Although, outta control too. Man, we had some days just laughin our butts off at work with some of the posts we made to get a few of those ATV extremists riled up. HAAAAAAA

A203 from the DNR forums was here, but in cognito for a while. I dont recall his FM name now. Also, a guy I miss from the DNR forums was diehard. Good times over there, and fun to have several over here.

I dont recall how the heck I got here...... Honestly. shocked.gif