• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team 1 "SPUR COLLECTORS" HSO Turkey Contest

outfishedagain

So did we all think of any team names?

shiner has said spur collector, beard blaster, beard stalkers,

There we go. Now, game on.

I hope everyone's been have a great rainy week, here it's been very wet. Have been seeing some big gobblers tho.

I have a 5 hour drive to my spot, shouldn't be a problem filling the tag, but I only have one day to hunt so it could be a small one. Anything will help though, I can't wait!

it's all fun any way, unless?? have they relesed any info on prizes???

I think it is bragging rights for now....and we can add it to our signature line grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

it's all fun any way, unless?? have they relesed any info on prizes???

Still seing what we can pull togther.

Well, I'm planning on putting my time in every single day but my last (May 8,9,10,11, but not 12...gotta be on Mille Lacs that day). This is my first time. I'm getting outfitted with some calls and decoy by a friend, my spot is pretty sweet, and I'm camo-ed up and ready to go. I'll be patterning loads at the range in the next couple weeks. My only problem is I have no idea what to expect. Don't want to get too confidant but looking at the aerial photos it looks like a really sweet spot! 347E private land in Fillmore county, wish I could start tomorrow!

Let's pump it up around here! Team 1 Domination! You all have to get a bird so I don't have to be counted on for anything, got it?

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Name sounds good guy's. Looks like we have alot of diehard turkey hunters and a great team!!! Hopefully a few of us can connect! I watched 30 plus birds yesterday on the land I'm hunting with alot of respectable toms in the group. This afternoon I watched another group of nice toms and a bunch of hens. Surpriseingly a few of the toms were strutting in this weather! :shocked.

I've also been watching several groups, in fact i've gota pic. under the post taking the fun out of scouting. But i've gota tom picked out. The last time i saw him, he was within forty yards of the road, so i gota pretty good look at him. But his 1st beard is about 4 inches and the second beard is about 12 to 13 inches, with about 1.5 or better hooks. Either way, he is the largest bird i've seen the the 12 years i've been hunting turkeys. So he's on my wish list.

last year (long story short) the old man shot a jake because he didn't see the 8 in. beard behind the hill. According to my "spy", that old bird is still there. Time will tell, April 23rd is approaching fast grin.gif

not fast enough. I'm hunting B week (23-27)here in Minnesota. But the way the weather is going its going to work out great. It is suppose to be cold for the next week and then more rain. So th weather is keeping the toms on ice, so that i can put him on ice and then my wall.

Didn't get a lot of snow over in Escanaba, but it has been cold.....can't wait to scratch that slate!!!!

I made it out for a drive this morning, and it was a little cool. The deer were out in full force, but the turkeys must have slept in. I got a chance to talk to one of the farmers and he said that the turkeys have bunched up again. He had a flock of about 30 in the pasture last night. With five toms in full strut. so another week of cold weather, then some rain, then warming up, then go time,

Picked up a couple decoys and a call. Wish this weather would warm up a little so I could get outside and pattern the shotgun. I watched a turkey hunt on TV on Saturday morning to keep me motivated.

Finally gota chance to get out again and with the sun and the little warmer weather it was nice to see a bunch of strutters lining up along the wood edges. I even found a crippled tom, that had an injuried leg. I've never seen a turkey waddle like a duck until yesterday.

Anybody hunted yet, or is everyone waiting for the Minnesota seasons?

One week from today I will be in the UP filling my tag and filling out my HSO entry form! I will certainly post as soon as I can.

5 days untill my season and i'm already losing sleep over it. The g/f is going to call the loony hut soon i think. But i've got her hook as last night she admitted to getting excited for the season as well. but good luck all and GO TEAM SPUR COLLECTORS

Well, things have not turned out the way I was hoping for the opener of the MI season that I was hunting. It was the annual trip with my dad, but he fights forest fires for the USFS and was called away at 5:20 am today to go to Georgia and fight the fire in the Okachobie swamp. So, our trip has been put on hold for the time being, it is ok though because we hunt private land so my tom should still be there. Good luck everyone!

SPUR COLLECTORS ARE ON THE Board! I wacked a 25.6 lb, 9.11 inch beard, 1.3 inch spurs, pics soon to be posted as soon as i can figure out where to post it. grin.gif

Congratulations!!!! That sounds like a dandy bird, can't wait to see the pics! GO SPUR COLLECTORS!!!

Wow, that didn't take long. Opening morning and you went to work. Way to go!!!! I hope I can do the same thing. I can only hunt 3.5 of my 5 days, but I'm going sun up till sun down!

Awesome bird, great story! I wish I had a caller coming with. I don't know if I would have the stones to belly crawl like that....I'm afraid I would get busted halfway.

Shiner, I'm counting down the days until I come to Duluth. I will try and drop by once I start working. Good luck in MI.

thanks, the lay of the land was in my favor. there was a nice roll and i just crawled be hind it and with chelsey calling behind me. she sang him a love song and he wanted an autograph. and thats that.

But good luck with your season. I hope it goes as good, but its just great to get outside.

good luck to all, i'll be heading for western Neberaska to try to arrow a bird this time. So i won't be able checkin. But good luck to all.

Go "SPUR COLLECTORS"

Way to go outfishedagain

Has anybody else been out? I dont get the opportunity until May18th cant wait have seen some nice birds I hope I can connect. Has anybody gotten skunked? I know that some people have on other teams

Man, I am so ready to hunt. One week from this morning I'll be out and about. I wish I had more time, but I put the work in the best I could and now it's time to let the hunt come to me. If I do any more I'll be overthinking things.

Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt,

Purrrr, Purrr, Purrrr

Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt, Cutt,

BOOM!